Absolute WTF: Strange noises underground such as digging, eating, etc while on SINGLEPLAYER.

It took a couple hours for the sounds to glitch out. Maybe it's just Tekkit pointing out that I shouldn't be playing for so long... Anyway, I'm glad it's not just me.

Alternatively, could herobrine simply have access to your system files? Not necessarily a glitch.

OR perhaps the person sitting underneath your chair RIGHT NOW could have changed the sound files.

holy epic necro, batman! this thread is over three months old, why don't you let it rest in peace?

Just for the record, The Council of Necromancers does not support this rogue Necromancer. His act of Necroing this thread was completely unsanctioned. We leave it up to you on how best to deal with him.

Hehe, nice try.

Tekkit works just fine in SSP, I've done it several times. Usually I just do it briefly to test how something will work with the exact same versions of mods that I have in SMP, but I've actually played a decent amount of time that way. If you're not interested in any of the mods added by Technic, then there's no sense switching back and forth between the two.

I've never heard any creepy noises playing Tekkit single player. I'm curious to know the cause.

I have been playing Tekkit in SPP for 6 months now - not a single issue. Perhaps I am lucky.

Basically:

Your using tekkit for singleplayer. Tekkit is made for multiplayer so weird gogle ragles are happening.

TEKKIT=Multiplayer

Technic=Singleplayer

If you mix them up, weird unintended things happen.

No it doesn't. Technic is intended for SSP, Tekkit for SMP. But don't go around spewing lies that playing SSP in Tekkit will actually cause "unintended" stuff. It works just fine.

• 8 months later...

I play on a mutiplayer server, and I live on an island in the middle of nowhere.The only way to get to me on the island is to teleport to me. Yet I still hear sounds like chests opening, footsteps, pistons being used, the sound of doors opening and closing, the sounds of people being injured, the sounds of people eating, the sounds of pressure plates, the sounds of buttons and the sounds of levers. I go and check, but nothing is there. What makes this creepy is the fact that this is a protected island. Nobody can use anything on it except for me and anyone I give permission to, which nobody has permission.

I play on a mutiplayer server, and I live on an island in the middle of nowhere.The only way to get to me on the island is to teleport to me. Yet I still hear sounds like chests opening, footsteps, pistons being used, the sound of doors opening and closing, the sounds of people being injured, the sounds of people eating, the sounds of pressure plates, the sounds of buttons and the sounds of levers. I go and check, but nothing is there. What makes this creepy is the fact that this is a protected island. Nobody can use anything on it except for me and anyone I give permission to, which nobody has permission.

Maybe it's Matmos? Try pressing F7 to disable it, see what happens.