Idea: A like button for packs in the launcher itself

Sniper16

3 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support a Like button in the technic launcher itself that would accompany all packs?

• Yes
    • No
    • Alternate Idea

So here is my idea, like the tittle says I think that a button to like a pack should be available in the little tab you get for each downloaded pack inside the launcher itself. I have about 77 downloads and 159 runs on my Technic pack but only 4 likes including myself. I think that if there were an option to like the pack without searching it up on the site then packs would get a more realistic number of likes which would in turn improve the modpack list on the website. Of course I believe this is the best pack since technic classic  but I have a number of likes that doesnt seem really what it should be if I have so many more runs/downloads. Its obvious that people are coming back to play my pack but there is no incentive to like it, which is not the way it is with some on the server packs that bribe players with goodies in game which floats them up the list. I dont want to do this just to help mine as it would affect everyone equally but I feel like this would be a step to helping anyone with good work get noticed.  Please consider my idea technic devs :P  thanks! 

szpI2K0.png

Edited by Sniper16

I think this is a good idea as well. Many of the people I've talked to that have played my modpack aren't interested in registering with the forum so I don't get likes from them. A lot of players just want to play the packs, not mess around with socializing.

I have 4 likes with 230+ downloads and 700+ runs. The sad part is that I can name all 4 likes because I gave them crap in RL till they registered and tagged the pack.

i think thats a great idea but i cant figure out how to create a modpack.

Thanks for the support, I could help you out a little if you are interested and youtube is a really good place to get modpack instructions.

I think this is a good idea as well. Many of the people I've talked to that have played my modpack aren't interested in registering with the forum so I don't get likes from them. A lot of players just want to play the packs, not mess around with socializing.

I have 4 likes with 230+ downloads and 700+ runs. The sad part is that I can name all 4 likes because I gave them crap in RL till they registered and tagged the pack.

I know exactly what you mean, half of my likes are me/my friend and then I go and see the big time packs, try them and realize they completely buy their ratings. For example I was on a server pack, not to mention names and they have 2300+ likes because they give out tons of in game cash and a hybrid solar panel for every vote. I think this would make it fair to non-server non-youtube modpack authors.