0 TPS - what or who could cause this?

Here's a new one for me,

In the morning 7am-12pm the server TPS will sit at ZERO. In the afternoon / night it's usually 17-18.

I'm saying the time frame because I believe it's a player or group of players being retards.

Currently disabled:

Chunk loaders

Anchors

Rings

Tethers

Chickenbones addons ( I need it updated to latest forge )

Solar arrays ( needed updated to forge)

ComputerCraft

Misc EE items

I'm on the iPad so I don't remember what else is banned ATM.

The server usually is 40/40 players online throughout the day, but at 7am its only about 20.

Notes:

CB++ didnt fix this

Server restarts every4 hours.

Any ideas??? Is this some crazy red stone/ timer machine made to purpouslly keep the server at ZERO TPS.

Even after a restart it shoots to zero.

I7 2600k

16 GB

550 read /500 write SSD

Server2008

MySQL on the machine (about 10k players logged in that)

Well, various players over a 5 hour span.

thanks Nentify, I used visualVM and did the heap dump ... I don't understand all the classes.

Could visualVM point down the exact .class and tell me which mod it is?

When I'm back at work I an post the results from the VM.

do you have any plugins? there's a bug with this version of craftbukkit that causes servers with no plugins to eat performance.

Other possiblities are cable loops and machines spitting item entities everywhere.

A cable loop would only show up when the machines attached to it are trying to draw power, and item entities on the ground will clean themselves after 5 minutes of server time, so...this is definitely a possibility. Look at who logs on close to the time the major tick rate drop happens.

If you go to the sampler, start the CPU check for a minute or 2, then stop it and press "snapshot". Make sure you've got "Methods" selected in the dropdown menu next to "View:" and open the "Server Thread". Then just open the methods with the highest "Time [%]" and you should find your culprit.

I previously had an issue where RedPower pneumatic(?) tubes were using a lot of CPU, and found that it only happened when a specific user came on and found a lot of cobblestone looping round his tubes. I'd recommend taking frequent checks on your users, and as mentioned above seeing if it happens when certain users come online, as they are probably what's causing the issue.

OMG. Nentify.

You have saved my life.

:) It's not lagging right now.. but that is so awesome! I was using VisualVM wrong.

I cannot thank you enough!

No problem, 9 times out of 10, you'll easily find the cause of your future lag issues with it.

So, Generic Buildcraft Pipe :) Logged in as a Entity and connected to the machines moving tons and tons of pipes :)

How could I fix this? Buildcraft is huge for tekkit ... I can see removing it.. but that's like 1/3 of tekkit

pipes.png

Buildcraft is replaceable by Redpower, just requires more thought into how machines operate instead of 'Hurr Durr wooden pipes and cobblestone pipes.' Plus Redpower Quarries are total beast compared to a Buildcraft Quarry (Faster and more industrial looking, not to mention it requires experimentation to properly build)

I just made a test server, doesn't look like I can simply remove [buildcraft] from the server... throwing errors.

Plus the Web-Auction looks like its going to throw a bunch of errors :( with items that are no longer in the game.

Looks like a map reset is in order.

----

Update:

I can remove all pipes from the server including inventories + ban pipes and placing existing pipes from bags (can't touch the damn bags).

This sounds like the best result.

a 'lifeless' buildcraft :) R.I.P.

Yeah I have nolagg to clear every 20 minutes, + I was doing /remove items -1 (worldedit command) but no luck. Stuff stuck in the pipes didn't get removed.

I decided... I can remove ALL pipes across the map, then ban crafting, placing or even having a pipe.

I looked into redpower.. that is so much better.

So I've removed buildcraft.. The lag is still very high.

I see with /gc I have 8k entities (the clearlag plugin doesn't remove this aswell as /remove items -1).

I believe these entities are still screwing us up.

gcc.png

(image to large to post) - Here is my latest VisualVM. It's complaining about entities. -- but which?

http://www.hellocreeper.com/images/VisualVM.png

So I've removed buildcraft.. The lag is still very high.

I see with /gc I have 8k entities (the clearlag plugin doesn't remove this aswell as /remove items -1).

I believe these entities are still screwing us up.

gcc.png

(image to large to post) - Here is my latest VisualVM. It's complaining about entities. -- but which?

http://www.hellocreeper.com/images/VisualVM.png

try /remove drops -1

but if the items are in pipes i do not believe that it will help