"Disconnected by Server Failed to verify username!"

I created a Tekkit Server the other day.

I was playing on it with a couple of other people all morning with no problems and then after I got off and restarted the server I couldn't get on.

My friends are able to log on though.

I get the "Disconnected by Server Failed to verify username!" error.

I am using Sphax Texture Pack.

What other information can I give to make it easier to solve my problem?

yeah this has happened to me i added a adress for a server and it was up and running but when i tried to log into it it just came up with ' failed to verify username' i really hope nothing is wrong with my stuff

Lol but I don't understand why lots of other people are playing, I see players online on servers. I also get the Failed To Verify Username. Hope its fixed soon. Also sometimes when I start up my Technic Launcher it says it Could not connect to minecraft.net and other times when I try to join a server it says Bad Login Name when I'm not in offline mode sometimes.

lol

What the fawg? I demand this player be banned ASAP. Naming yourself Notch is the worst kind of blasphemy in any Minecraft community.

Jk jk bro, nice troll. XD

And yeah, this server is standard Tekkit: scandic.us:25573

Wow I googled the error and this popped up. Just realized it's only a few hours old. I'm unable to connect to my own server and this error pops up. The same thing happens as kirby808 said about unable to connect to minecraft.net. Is it just a global/time thing or is there a way to fix this? The few/rare times I am able to log in it is the name error.

Seems global. Mine is fixed now. It's an authentication issue from the server to minecraft.net or the client to minecraft.net. The minecraft folk had posts on twitter about problems and that they were working on them.

I was able to fix mine manually, unless it just happen to fix at the same time I did this which I doubt. All I had to do was white-list my account and it let me log in to the server when it didn't come up with the "Cannot connect to Minecraft.net" error.

for future reference, in-case this ever happens again (which in my experience has happened about every other month) You can just switch your server into offline mode, in the server.props, just set online=false, and your users will be able to connect. If you are worried about people logging in with name changers, then just dont tell anyone you did it, (just let them think the problem isnt happening anymore) also, the technicpack dosnt support name changers (i tried) so someone would have to build a custom client just to connect as someone else :P

What the fawg? I demand this player be banned ASAP. Naming yourself Notch is the worst kind of blasphemy in any Minecraft community.

Jk jk bro, nice troll. XD

And yeah, this server is standard Tekkit: scandic.us:25573

nope cant get on it because it keeps saying i need all these other mods