very bad fps

Unknown4D

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: windows 7

Java Version: 7.0.0.147

Antivirus Program: Kaspersky

Description of Problem:

on all the mods in the launcher my fps is about 5-10 but on normal minecraft my fps is 70-90 and that runs fine. Anyone know what could be causing this or have any suggestions on how to fix it because i cant play it at all.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

Okay... Not too sure why you copied a line from the Problem Description into where your AV should be but that isn't the issue. The issue here is that a lot of mods take a lot more processing power, if you want a better framerate then either turn down your graphics for the modpacks or disable certain mods like Millinare which is known to be rather laggy at times.

OP, have you looked around for other threads with similar problems?

there aren't really enough of these with this answer in them, IMO, so I'm going to tell you what you problem is most likely to be. your computer is using your integrated graphics chip on your CPU for technic instead of your real-for-sure graphics card. if your card is an Nvidia card, go into your Nvidia control panel and make sure that java is set to always use your video card.

if you have an ATI card, you are most likely out of luck, unfortunately.

I know nothing about computers, and i have the same problem with my FPS, its so bad that when i try to load my world, it blackscreens then white screens. i have a Mac OS X, so where would i find my graphics chip, or do i even have one? sorry if this seems stupid but im clueless.

I know nothing about computers, and i have the same problem with my FPS, its so bad that when i try to load my world, it blackscreens then white screens. i have a Mac OS X, so where would i find my graphics chip, or do i even have one? sorry if this seems stupid but im clueless.

Try allocating more Memory to MineCraft. The Launcher should have an option to do so under well, Options. If that doesn't work try reducing the Graphics options.

I have a Mac OS X version 10.5.8, It constantly crashes, I cannot even open my world. i deleted it, then made a new one, and about an hour after its made, it crashes and will not open. i reduced the graphic settings in the game, and allocated more memory, not much because their is not much left, but i gave it more then 1 gigabyte.

I have the same problem with very bad FPS. I am using the Tekkit mod pack. My multiplayer and normal solo minecraft work fine. But when i try and play solo with tekkit it goes very slow and lags a lot. I know where my technic folder is. Could someone help me turn off some mods or something to make it run a bit faster? Thanks a ton.

I have the same problem with very bad FPS. I am using the Tekkit mod pack. My multiplayer and normal solo minecraft work fine. But when i try and play solo with tekkit it goes very slow and lags a lot. I know where my technic folder is. Could someone help me turn off some mods or something to make it run a bit faster? Thanks a ton.

Did you even try the suggested fix in this thread?

You know what, it doesn't even matter, because you aren't even giving any info about your system.

I'm getting really tired of people trying to hijack threads in the bug boards.

I have a Mac OS X version 10.5.8, It constantly crashes, I cannot even open my world. i deleted it, then made a new one, and about an hour after its made, it crashes and will not open. i reduced the graphic settings in the game, and allocated more memory, not much because their is not much left, but i gave it more then 1 gigabyte.

Backup your saves and texturepacks (~/Library/Application Support/techniclauncher/tekkit/saves (same for texturepacks)) then delete the techniclauncher folder (in ~/Library/Application Support) and start the launcher again, wait for everything to download and restore your saves and texturepacks.

Disable and reduce stuff in video settings. close everything except minecraft. allocate as much memory as possible leaving 1gb for the system. other than that I can't do anything

OP, have you looked around for other threads with similar problems?

there aren't really enough of these with this answer in them, IMO, so I'm going to tell you what you problem is most likely to be. your computer is using your integrated graphics chip on your CPU for technic instead of your real-for-sure graphics card. if your card is an Nvidia card, go into your Nvidia control panel and make sure that java is set to always use your video card.

if you have an ATI card, you are most likely out of luck, unfortunately.

I am confused i cannot find the place where you can switch it so java always uses my nidia card. and i have a nvdia geforce 6150se card and my comp has 3gb of ram and 1tb hard drive

I am confused i cannot find the place where you can switch it so java always uses my nidia card. and i have a nvdia geforce 6150se card and my comp has 3gb of ram and 1tb hard drive

in your nvidia control panel, go to manage 3d settings. from there, click on the "program settings" tab. java will most likely not appear in the dropdown menu on this tab, so we have to add it. click on "add" and then find your java.exe, which is probably located in C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\. once you've got it added, make sure it's selected and find "power management mode" I believe and set it to prefer maximum performance.

in your nvidia control panel, go to manage 3d settings. from there, click on the "program settings" tab. java will most likely not appear in the dropdown menu on this tab, so we have to add it. click on "add" and then find your java.exe, which is probably located in C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\. once you've got it added, make sure it's selected and find "power management mode" I believe and set it to prefer maximum performance.

I cant even find that... it says there is nothing called C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\

does the thing have the stuff too? maybe try that other doohickey and click the button on it, you know, that button.

have no idea what I'm talking about? now you know how I feel reading your description of your problem.

I lolled so hard.

Anyway, for those using a Mac who have low FPS, I know on a Macbook Pro, you have to set java to run on the graphics card (i think it might be an nvidia as well), not on the IntelHD400 or whatever the terrible integrated chip is. Then it will run faster than Susan Boyle heading to a Krispy Kreme.

I am afraid to tell you that when i choose java.exe and scroll down to find the "power management mode", it doesn't show up. There is no Power Management Mode, but this only happens when java.exe is chosen.If, for examlpe, I choose Google Chrome instead of java, it will sure show the Power Management option. I hope you will still respond. Thanks

there may be a drop down just under the one you use to select the program that you can use to set a preferred graphics card. see if that's there. I know on a laptop I used recently, this was the case. no idea if it will be the case for you though. it may also be an issue of drivers being out of date as well, so you could try updating them and then see if the option shows up.

I have been trying to sort out this problem for a while now. My FPS is really low whenever i open my world, i have many other worlds as well but they work perfectly fine. I have gotten rid of all my crystal chests because i heard that they were bugging technic. I have allocated more RAM usage to technic and it still is the same low FPS. Please can you help me

I have been trying to sort out this problem for a while now. My FPS is really low whenever i open my world, i have many other worlds as well but they work perfectly fine. I have gotten rid of all my crystal chests because i heard that they were bugging technic. I have allocated more RAM usage to technic and it still is the same low FPS. Please can you help me

Use the search bar please. I literally just answered and solved the exact same issue 5 minutes ago.