Blueprints in Buildcraft

I can't seem to figure out how to make blueprints work. In the Buildcraft wiki it clearly states that blueprints work in Buildcraft 2.2.14 and that is the version that is part of the newest Tekkit (I confirmed that that is the version that is in my Application Data/.techniclauncher/tekkit/mods directory. When I go to produce a blank blueprint I don't get anything. What am I doing wrong?

You need to craft a blank blueprint first. You are supposed to put a lapis in the middle and surround it with paper on your crafting table. I do that and nothing happens. Looking through the comprehensive collection of stuff in creative mode I don't see any way to produce a blueprint. But it is implemented in Buildcraft 2.2.14 according to Space Toad. So why can't I do it in Tekkit?

You need to craft a blank blueprint first. You are supposed to put a lapis in the middle and surround it with paper on your crafting table. I do that and nothing happens. Looking through the comprehensive collection of stuff in creative mode I don't see any way to produce a blueprint. But it is implemented in Buildcraft 2.2.14 according to Space Toad. So why can't I do it in Tekkit?

No lapis lazuli.... You have to use an inksack instead. Problem solved. ;)

If you use an ink sac, you get a template. Templates drive builders to lay any blocks in their inventory in spaces where the prototype had a block of any sort. Blueprints, on the other hand, lay the same sort of block in each spot that the prototype had in that spot so long as it has that sort of block in its inventory, and otherwise leaves the spot blank.

I am trying to build a railroad on a trestle, with nice lights, red power glass covers for roofing, and so on. The template just builds a big hunk of bricks or lays stuff at random, rails down at the bottom, lights here and there, etc.