Using Proxies with the Technic/Tekkit Launcher

Hey guys, I've made considerable progress with using proxies with the technic/tekkit launcher. This is the command I use in a .bat file with SOCKS, HTTP, HTTPS proxy servers. Hope this helps!

java -Dsocks.proxyHost=65.175.251.250 -Dsocks.proxyPort=1757 -Dhttps.proxyHost=23.21.217.44 -Dhttps.proxyPort=3128 -dhttp.proxyHost=50.57.175.200 -dhttp.proxyPort=80 -jar technic-launcher-latest.jar

I've tried running the jar in command prompt but it reboots with different parameters. The exe isn't considered a java program, so it doesn't run with proxy.

This command works perfectly with the minecraft.exe

Hope this helps!

There is a trick to making this work.

Add a line at the top like this:

Mkdir rtemp

Then it will not restart itself.

I tried putting the line you suggested above the command I had, but the launcher restarts running with the other parameters. It does create the folder rtemp though.

If anyone has other ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

I guess I made the poor assumption that the batch file was in the .techniclauncher directory. that folder needs to be made there. so like this for universal use:

mkdir %appdata%\.techniclauncher\rtemp

that should do it.

I guess I made the poor assumption that the batch file was in the .techniclauncher directory. that folder needs to be made there. so like this for universal use:

mkdir %appdata%\.techniclauncher\rtemp

that should do it.

Thanks! I'll try it when I get home. If you guys could let those who need a method like this know about this post I would appreciate it. Again, thanks for your help!

Surely if you are behind a proxy, minecraft SMP wont work anyways?

(assuming your trying to play SMP over a secured network, such as a school or work place)

Correct me if im wrong, i am interested :)

I tried with SMP, it isn't using the proxy or something because it continues to give me unexpected end of file, which basically means it cannot authenticate your account, while the proxy allows you to log in to the technic launcher.

• 1 month later...

ok well i copied and pasted that code into a .bat with the mkdir %appdata% shit in it but when i open the .bat it says:

Unrecognized option: -dhttp.proxyHost=50.57.175.200

Could not create the Java virtual machine.

can u guys please explain to me why this is happening? sorry i dont do java haha im doing lua atm

That was a pretty useless post. Btw you're garbage.

It was meant to be funny. You're so mean. I got so depressed when I read your post 2 months ago that I left the forum for like a week... that's why I didn't reply until that guy necroposted and brought the thread back into my alerts thing. I'm not garbage. Why would you say something like that to me? That hurt my feelings so much. I cried.

Btw, what's a good proxy server to use? I want to test my server's network lag but I don't have access to a computer outside my LAN and every 'free' proxy server out there is so slow it disconnects me after 10-20 seconds of logging in.

Does anybody know how to do this on a MacBook Pro, version 10.6.8? I've been googling for at least 40 minutes now to no avail. Unable to connect to school WiFi without using the school proxy, and the school proxy requires me to log in to access it. I can log in, but TechnicLauncher doesn't know how. Tried 'How to create a simple batch file' but to no avail. Have no idea how to work this sort of thing.

tl;dr - can anyone tell me simple instructions to get past a school proxy with TechnicLauncher on a mac?

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

I'm Admin and Op on the Tekkit server I'm trying to get back to. My bro got IP banned, so I just need enough time on the proxy server to unban the IP... but I can't get a working proxy and I don't know what IP to unban.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say if you are that confused about IPs and such, you probably don't have any real business administrating any kind of online server or device. pick up a copy of TCP/IP for dummies or something.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say if you are that confused about IPs and such, you probably don't have any real business administrating any kind of online server or device. pick up a copy of TCP/IP for dummies or something.

I meant that I DO know my IP, just that I have no idea how to get a proxy to work ._.

I'm just confused on how to make it register as a different IP or actually using a different IP than my own.

I meant that I DO know my IP, just that I have no idea how to get a proxy to work ._.

I'm just confused on how to make it register as a different IP or actually using a different IP than my own.

I didn't say you didn't know your IP, I said you don't understand what IPs are, what they do, or how they work. what you know is a series of 4 numbers, but you have no clue what that means. you can't simply flip a switch and suddenly change IPs, there's a lot to it and it's complicated.