Forestry Removed In Tekkit 3?

Not another one. I swear, they should have a sticky 'bout it. Sir Sengir didn't want it in the pack, and he put malicious code in it that only affected Technic users. Kaker and Co. removed it from Technic and Tekkit, and everyone was happy, except some of the players. If you want, you could still install it manually, though. (hint: treecapitator, and trees in a checkerboard pattern.)

I understand, not your fault. :) Seriously, though. With Treecapitator, if you plant your trees in a checkerboard pattern,so that each tree is diagonally adjacent to 4 others, you only chop down 1 block and your entire farm harvests. It's the coolest glitch I ever discovered.

Not another one. I swear, they should have a sticky 'bout it. Sir Sengir didn't want it in the pack, and he put malicious code in it that only affected Technic users. Kaker and Co. removed it from Technic and Tekkit, and everyone was happy, except some of the players. If you want, you could still install it manually, though. (hint: treecapitator, and trees in a checkerboard pattern.)

What was the malicious code? Can you post it here?

So is there a chance we'll get Forestry back? Maybe negotiating with him would work. I don't understand what he would lose from having people download and enjoy his mod in the Tekkit/Technic pack.

If I remember, technic basically blacklisted forestry to never be in any modpack ever basically.

I haven't decompiled Forestry. It checked if Forestry was running under a folder named .techniclauncher, and if it did, caused some machines to explode, and replaced the bees everyone loves with ones that basically eat players for lunch.

I vow to remove the Malicious code.. I think I will be able to

' date=' post: 104898, member: 39438"']Sorry if this was already discussed, i tried finding a similar thread but i couldn't find it.

Thanks Anyway

As stated above, you're full of shit. Searching "Forestry Tekkit" brings up not only many, many threads that are similar but most contain the answer to your initial question.

We would highly appreciate if you didn't do this again and instead searched for your answer. If you can't find it after some due diligence, have at it.

So is there a chance we'll get Forestry back? Maybe negotiating with him would work. I don't understand what he would lose from having people download and enjoy his mod in the Tekkit/Technic pack.

No. He will not negotiate. His pride? Creative control? Who knows? Who cares.

If I remember, technic basically blacklisted forestry to never be in any modpack ever basically.

No. If asked in advance, he may consider it and some modpacks use it. Currently, Forestry is in the Feed the Beast mod pack for a custom map. In fact, Sengir wrote a change into the SSP version of the mod (called FTB edition) to double the chance of obtaining rare mutations. Nevertheless, most users here consider his methods for getting the mod removed to be unconscionable; Technic haters probably love him though but who gives a shit.

I vow to remove the Malicious code.. I think I will be able to

Unnecessary. Jakj did for the 1-2 versions that featured it. Then Sengir "deactivated" the code. I haven't decompiled and looked through but evidently it's not active in the newer versions (I tested it once with 7.0.1 and then deleted it). However, the Technic team will not put it back in although an end-user that wants it is welcome to do so at his or her leisure (block ids permitting).

• 3 months later...