Anything out there that gives a good overview on what to do and where to start in the game?

I have been absolutely over-thrown by the amount of stuff in Tekkit -- so much so that even after watching multiple videos of it, I still have zero idea of what I am doing.

I learned of a crafting table which essentially crafts everything for me if I have stuff in my inventory, however other than this -- I got no idea what to do or where to start.

Me and the girlfriend want to do a fun adventure LP of us living in a technological world, and we were wondering if there is anything out there that is a very good beginners guide to understanding and using Tekkit.

Thanks in advance.

I would SERIOUSLY recommend looking up tutorials from direwolf20 on youtube. he is really through and breaks it down quite simply. he uses a lot of the mods in tekkit in his lets plays and he is very organized in which he describes things. :)

The first steps are the same of the vanilla Minecraft basically. (Make crafting table, make tools...) After that and a little tiny bit of mining, make a generator and macerator first. The macerator doubles most of the ores for you. You get the ores back as dust, which you can melt to ingots in a furnace like you normal would if you put the ores directly into the furnace. For everything after that, watch's direwolf20 indeed. The videos are fun to watch and this guy technically knows more about the mods then he knows about vanilla Minecraft.

go mine for stuff until you can make a philosophers stone than you can make things then make some machines solar panels then power a quarry with electric engiens and feed all of the ores into a macerator and everything else into a condenser with a diamond in the target square OR if you a newb no offense look up a starting off tuturial on the mod you want use at that time

It's a sandbox game. You have to make your own goals. What do you want to accomplish with Tekkit? And please, do not say

ePik diamons machins lulz!

Anyways, I'd start by mining and becoming familiar with the new ores you'll be seeing. Search "direwolf20" and/or "Yogscastlalna" on Youtube for some tutorials, or stop by our Let's Play Pavillion for some tutorials on how to use these mods to accomplish your goals.

But again, it is a sandbox game, and you have to create and accomplish your own goals. Do what you want, and use the mods to help you get there!

I have been absolutely over-thrown by the amount of stuff in Tekkit -- so much so that even after watching multiple videos of it, I still have zero idea of what I am doing.

I learned of a crafting table which essentially crafts everything for me if I have stuff in my inventory, however other than this -- I got no idea what to do or where to start.

Me and the girlfriend want to do a fun adventure LP of us living in a technological world, and we were wondering if there is anything out there that is a very good beginners guide to understanding and using Tekkit.

Thanks in advance.

What I did when I started was I focussed on one particular mod. I focussed on Equivalent Exchange because with EE you can pretty much run a creative map. When I first played on tekkit I'd turn all my copper and tin and silver straight into emc until I got a decent flower going. Then after getting a decent flower with mk2 energy collectors and a mk3 relay I built my first quarry.

I think a great way to get through tekkit is focus on one mod at a time. When you have learnt all the mods then you can start to think about the best ways of doing things. Like a lot of people don't realise that the RM-furnace from EE is like a Macerator and a Furnace combined, because you get 2 ingots per piece of ore. Though EE is a long road, Industrial Craft is a slightly shorter road. However you'll find that only when you start merging mods does stuff get really good. Hope this helped!

LOL. We all saying something different... I think this will be a little bit confusing for the topic starter I guess. Indeed, accomplish your own goals and watch tutorials. You can basically do everything you do in normal vanilla Minecraft but on a much larger scale and many more. Some things are easy to learn, some don't. I watch tutorials too all the time, just to get inspiration. I also visit online servers to see what others do. You could do the same. You'll learn a lot, but it takes some time.