Solder and Technic: Questions

Roversword

Hi all

I have two questions concerning TechnicLauncher, TechnicSolder and TechnicHomepage (my modpacks).

1) Is it necessary to change anything in "my modpacks" on the webpage for a modpack that I imported from Solder? Is there anything I NEED to do? Such as checking the correct minecraft version (I have a modpack that is 1.7.10 but on "my modpacks" it still says 1.4.7 in the settings). Do I need to update the version number on the homepage or is it sufficient within my Solder installation? Or can I just leave all this and add the occassional information about my pack there?

2) Whenever my friends and I start the modpack (which is imported by solder) it installs or tries to get libraries which are not from my modpack. Is there a way to avoid that (either by adding them as a mod in my solder-modpack or some other way)?

Thank you, any help is very much appreciated

• Discord Moderator
  1. If properly imported from Solder it will show the correct version of the pack and of Minecraft.
  2. No. The Launcher gets the Forge and MC specific libraries on its own. That is how it works and how it should be since many packs can share the same set of libraries it potentially saves a ton of data. In many cases it isn't actually downloading them but simply pulling them from the Launcher's local cache.
Edited by plowmanplow