Crash on Modpack Launch

Tsa6

Hi, I'm building a modpack (early stages), and getting a crash when I launch the pack. It doesn't launch normally, but if I swap out the minecraft.jar (after its installed) with a healthy one, the pack launches fine. This leads me to believe it's a problem with my original modpack.jar, though I do believe I installed it correctly. I downloaded forge universal for 1.7.10, and renamed it to modpack.jar. Anyone know what I did wrong? (Link to modpack files) (Link to Crash Log) Thank you for helping!

• Discord Moderator

Always provide the API URL for your pack or a link to the pack's details page when requesting custom modpack assistance.

• That crash report does not match the data in your modpack archive. The crash report indicates Forge #1448 but the modpack contains Forge #1291. Where is the discrepancy coming from?
  • Forge for MC 1.7.10 does not use a coremods folder in any way. It should be removed from the pack archive. All mods belong in or below the 1.7.10 folder.
  • Legacy Java Fixer is not required for Forge >= 1230 and should be removed from your pack.

Please address these issues and return here if you have more issues.

Always provide the API URL for your pack or a link to the pack's details page when requesting custom modpack assistance.

• That crash report does not match the data in your modpack archive. The crash report indicates Forge #1448 but the modpack contains Forge #1291. Where is the discrepancy coming from?
  • Forge for MC 1.7.10 does not use a coremods folder in any way. It should be removed from the pack archive. All mods belong in or below the 1.7.10 folder.
  • Legacy Java Fixer is not required for Forge >= 1230 and should be removed from your pack.

Please address these issues and return here if you have more issues.

​Thanks for helping, I have updated the modpack, also, here is the link to the api (http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/testpackfossilsbiblioharvest for easy copying) URL. I have removed the coremods folder, and removed legacy Java fixer. As for the forge version, I don't know why the log is different, so just in case, I updated forge to version 1448. However, I still get a crash, presumably the same one. Again thank you very much for the help, and sorry for not including the api URL previously.

Edited by Tsa6
Fixed link

• Discord Moderator

The link you provided is not an API URL. It looks like you linked the same URL twice instead of a crash report and the API URL. Additionally, the log data you are providing is not the crash report. Those are generated in the modpack's crash-reports folder.

Edited by plowmanplow

The link you provided is not an API URL. It looks like you linked the same URL twice instead of a crash report and the API URL. Additionally, the log data you are providing is not the crash report. Those are generated in the modpack's crash-reports folder.

​My apologies, the api link is fixed, but the crash report was not generated, as Minecraft seems to crash before such processes take place. The one provided does have crash details in it however. (See line 43)