My modpack is acting really funny

Ryan Doolan

hello,my name IGN is theRobotguyphd. I have been trying to make an amazing modpack on war and surviving in the wasteland,it already has many people "playing",and is almost on trending. The problem I have here is that,when ever I try to to play it,it crashes and sends me to the technic launcher again,this is my first modpack,so I am just experimenting,and I know little of what I am doing,so can someone please help.

link to modpack-http://api.technicpack.net/modded/welcome-to-war 

my email Incase you wish to help me. [email protected]

• Discord Moderator

Your email is not necessary and probably shouldn't be in the post.

This thread belongs in the Platform Pagoda forum. Hopefully a kind/patient forum admin will move it.

• The URL referred to by the "Modpack Location" setting in your pack is invalid.

Your email is not necessary and probably shouldn't be in the post.

This thread belongs in the Platform Pagoda forum. Hopefully a kind/patient forum admin will move it.

• The URL referred to by the "Modpack Location" setting in your pack is invalid.
  •  
  •  
  • Plowmanplow

• Discord Moderator

Providing the API URL in your original post was sufficient for me to provide an analysis. I then told you what needed to be fixed.

I will try to be more explicit.

In your modpack settings is a field labeled "Modpack Location". This is the DIRECT URL used to download your modpack. This is what is current set in that field:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5v069xi6s0bqpaq/Welcome%20to%20war%20%281%29.zip?dl=1

However, that URL does not work and returns the HTTP error code 404 which means it was not found. You need to correct this before I can even look at the contents of your pack.

• Discord Moderator

On your local computer, name your modpack ZIP file to:

welcome-to-war.zip

Upload that ZIP file to DropBox and get a new public share URL

In that URL, replace "www" with "dl" and remove the trailing question mark and everything after it.

Paste that altered URL into the modpack settings "Modpack Location" field and increment the pack version number. Save the settings.