(1) launcher is not a launcher it is a updater (2) no mods are loading plez help

memnoch1324

Question

Launcher Version: latest for home page

Operating System: Winsows Vista

Java Version: latest

Antivirus Program: AVG 2012

Description of Problem:

(1) launcher is not a launcher it is a updater (2) no mods are loading plez help

Error Messages:

non

Error Log:

non

17 answers to this question

i can not use the Download the technic pack form here or the yogbox page because it gust doss not work i can download it but it says it a updater so i use the jave technic form the yogscast page and when i use it non of the mods work foe tekkit and for technic pack plez help me i have skype if it still whont work

i can not use the Download the technic pack form here or the yogbox page because it gust doss not work i can download it but it says it a updater so i use the jave technic form the yogscast page and when i use it non of the mods work foe tekkit and for technic pack plez help me i have skype if it still whont work

I'm going to attempt a translation because apparently I'm a bit of a masochist.

I can't download the Technic pack from here, or Yogbox, because it just does not work. I can run the launcher, but it says it has an update, so I use the Java Technic launcher from the Yogscast page, and when I use that none of the mods work for Tekkit or Technic. Please help me. I have Skype if it still won't work.

That...was painful. OP, you really need to read more.

Are you still having an issue? before you update, disable AVG temporarily by right-clicking the tray Icon and selecting "Temporarily disable avg" and select at least 10 min, then open the launcher and go through the update process.

I'm not sure if any of the jerks above have any Idea that AVG is a big douche to the updater. But it would help if THEY had noticed you had an anti-virus program at all, and maybe would have suggested this.

Are you still having an issue? before you update, disable AVG temporarily by right-clicking the tray Icon and selecting "Temporarily disable avg" and select at least 10 min, then open the launcher and go through the update process.

I'm not sure if any of the jerks above have any Idea that AVG is a big douche to the updater. But it would help if THEY had noticed you had an anti-virus program at all, and maybe would have suggested this.

The only douche here is the OP. It's douchy to hope someone will help him with the shittiness of his problem's description.

lol! i only said AVG was a douche to the update process... but yes the OP needs some forum etiquette

Btw, Jay? specifically told him that AVG is a douche to Technic. It's written black on grey-ish on the common problems and solutions page.

ok.. i didnt feel the need to go read that, im sorry, but seriously why do you guys have to sound so rude to the first mistake someone makes

hes just a kid

Now, what would be hilarious is if he came and said "ITZ NOT TRUE! I'M 8 NEXT WEEK!"

ok.. i didnt feel the need to go read that, im sorry, but seriously why do you guys have to sound so rude to the first mistake someone makes

hes just a kid

We are rude/mean/asshat primadonnas because there are very simple rules here. Nobody gets off scott free for mistkes that could have been prevented with a modicum of effort.