trouble installing Laucher

SuperPiggyDeluxe

Question

So i wanted to install the laucher and it seemed pretty easy until the laucher install constantly got stuck at Downloading Launcher Asset: aether-dep.jar. I dont know whats wrong but it keeps getting stuck at 0% even when i restarted the install.

Also I installed windows 10 so that may be of some help

Fixed the problem but now its stuck at 66%

Edited by SuperPiggyDeluxe

16 answers to this question

I have the same problem here, I have deleted .technic, redownloaded the Technic Launcher from the site, but still have the same problem, any help please?

Also, when I end the task and I relaunch it, it wont even move and stand to 0%.

There some picture to show you guys.

Technic Problem 2.PNG

Technic Problem.PNG

Edited by LegendxDevilz
Missing thing

I also had the same problem. I selected install and it would sit at 0%. I then downgraded to java 7 to see if it would change and it didn't. So, I deleted .Technic from my roaming. Then when I tried to install again it went to 66% then stopped. I let it sit for a hour and then ended the javaw.exe. Randomly, when I ran the launcher again, it worked. 

I am running on windows 7 home premium. I've used windows 10 before and a lot of games were incompatible. I would switch back to 7 if you can.

My friends having this same problem, im currently just sending him my version of my .technic in my app-data folder. He looked in the logs, the launcher is having trouble downloading that specific file. i was having the same problem but i seemed to fix it with persistence and just regular troubleshooting.

EDIT:

Put these files in your .technic folder then launch technic once from temp.exe

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ke9igwjpdauo8z1/modpacks.zip?dl=0

Edited by lolking12345
found a solution

Attached is a log after the symptoms specified started happening.
Everything leading up to aether-dep.jar downloads as expected, but aether-dep.jar does not.

techniclauncher_2015-08-13.log

Update: Manually downloading the jar file from here and placing it in %appdata%\Roaming\.technic\assets\launcher allows the launcher to be used as per normal.

Edited by capableResistor

I had the same problem for a while but i fixed it. i started installing it, it stopped at 66%. so i restarted my pc and then installed it again but changed the installation directory to a folder on my desktop named Technic Launcher and then deleted my old folder in %APPDATA% called .Technic, it stopped at 66% so i CTRL+ALT+DELETE and clicked TASK MANAGER ended Java(TM) Platform SE Binary and then installed it again and done, it installed and asked for the Username and Pass and in the folder it was fully installed

Im on Windows 8.1

Attached is a log after the symptoms specified started happening.
Everything leading up to aether-dep.jar downloads as expected, but aether-dep.jar does not.

techniclauncher_2015-08-13.log

Update: Manually downloading the jar file from here and placing it in %appdata%\Roaming\.technic\assets\launcher allows the launcher to be used as per normal.

That page isn't working for me, put it up on paste.ubuntu.com