Can the Buildcraft mod within Tekkit 3.1.+ be updated?

Forgive if this is the wrong place to post or already been asked somewhere. I'm working and using an old 3GS tester to sneak n research, do a Lil homework before I get home. Basically, I previewed a vid on Buildcraft showing Blueprints and a Builder that makes these things automatically. Me wants. But....best I can tell (mind you, brand new to tekkit and admitted NUB, lol) this is only available in a 3.something version of Buildcraft, which is not in tekkit. Someone who knows bout this stuffs, talk to me! Explain why the mod within tekkit is 2.something and give me the deets, pros n cons, etc., involving upgrading mod versions within tekkit. Naughty Lil sumn to do or...possible n successful to run on a server? (I'm the host of our Lil server)

Ps - any other 'nub' tidbits anyone would like to share or point me towards, please....reply!!

Thanks!

• Forum Administrators

Didn't understand most of what your saying, but there is no public release of Buildcraft 3.x for SMP yet, which is why it's not in Tekkit.

There is but it's incredibly buggy.

Didn't understand most of what your saying, but there is no public release of Buildcraft 3.x for SMP yet, which is why it's not in Tekkit.

Story of my life...>.<....takes knowing me a bit to translate the 'derp' coming forth from me head! xD

Thanks. This tells me what I need to know for now. Onto other possibilities for now.

There is a BuildCraft3 SMP Bukkit port, but avoid it at all costs, tried that and there's so much troubles there and don't expect the problems to be fixed in there cause the devs of Buldcraft have to make it 1.3 compatible, they won't even think about touching the 1.2.5 version compatible for awhile since that would require a split of the team since the code will be a total rewrite for the 1.3, so any mods that haven't finished debugging for the 1.2.5 won't receive any kind of update for at least till the devs get a working 1.3 version out for most of them I'm quite sure, either that or some people will constantly harass devs for a working version for 1.3 so they will either have to do it right now or loose a load of players.