Mystcraft on Tekkit?

Yeah I suspected as much. About the same results here. I also run my server on the comp I play on (untill I get my Linux server running) but I think on an server you could host 15 people 4or 5 could play mystcraft. Hmmm... me thinks I should look in to server hosting services or try to stress test my 2nd box this week.

Edit: 2nd box, 4gb 1TB 3.0ghz

My net is 30Mb/s D 5Mb/s Up.....

should be good for 4-5 people?

Yeah I suspected as much. About the same results here. I also run my server on the comp I play on (untill I get my Linux server running) but I think on an server you could host 15 people 4or 5 could play mystcraft. Hmmm... me thinks I should look in to server hosting services or try to stress test my 2nd box this week.

Edit: 2nd box, 4gb 1TB 3.0ghz

My net is 30Mb/s D 5Mb/s Up.....

should be good for 4-5 people?

5Mb/s tested or that's what your cable company bills you for?

If you want an accurate estimate (BTW, if you link the specs and note changes that are different in BIOS or CPU-Z, that also helps a lot), it'd help if we knew your MB make and model, bus speeds, RAM speed, timings, type of HDD or SSD, OS, if the machine is virtualized, etc. Off the top of my head, a low overhead 3Gb dedicated server with 4Gb total with your internet specs should support 4-5 people with no problems...if it happens to be an old windows computer running everything through Windows networking stacks, anti-viruses, firewalls, and HDDs that run 5200RPM and filled with crap, not so much. Overall, it should be fine but if you're making it a dedicated server, you'd probably want to configure and set it up as a dedicated server and have it serve no other purpose (at least then you can get the best software to keep that baby purring). I guess if the processor has several threads you can set the affinity of other programs to run on those threads and throw java on its own physical thread but now we're just splitting hairs.

Either way, you're probably fine. Test it out and tweak it if you can or need to make it better.

EE is more trouble than it's worth, can't even deploy mystcraft cause of that hunk of junk? :(

Um...no. I stated that when you travel to another world you may lose functionality in the transmutation table or some of the other people on your server might. This problem occurred in other versions of Mystcraft and EE and in Vanilla MC server with those mods installed. You can use Mystcraft just fine but expect to restart your server if you want to use the transmutation table (sometimes). Sometimes the problem doesn't occur and sometimes it fixes itself but more often than not, it does occur.

Good Luck, this mod isn't made to be SMP friendly and unless Mojang find a way to reduce memory used by each chunk or a miracle is found, it will eat your ram for breakfast, cause each world (or age) that a player is in will have to be kept loaded in memory, do the math, 10 players on 10 age, 10x more memory needed for your server, 10x more lag...

True but public servers can simply remove it and private servers with just a few players can still use it easily a lot like chunkloaders :)

tested its around 3.7-4Mb/s during peak hours Up.

ill have to check spec i made is when 1st gen quad cores came out so its a heap of junk atm (min wage job/still noobie at time)

but i dont think ill have much of a problem with it=] , now if i can get that sdd to work again...

Um...no. I stated that when you travel to another world you may lose functionality in the transmutation table or some of the other people on your server might. This problem occurred in other versions of Mystcraft and EE and in Vanilla MC server with those mods installed. You can use Mystcraft just fine but expect to restart your server if you want to use the transmutation table (sometimes). Sometimes the problem doesn't occur and sometimes it fixes itself but more often than not, it does occur.

I think this is with how minecraft views theworld you created. kinda like when u bring the trans. tab into the nether and it acts stupid.

Old quad cores...hmmm... I'm wondering if you might have an old q6600 in there like my old rig. That'd be pretty funny, ha-ha.

Yeah, if you post up hardware specs and what OS you intend to run and how you configure it, I'll take a guess at it. Personally, if it's just some old pig you're sacrificing, I'm sure there are a ton of people on here or online that could recommend a featherweight Linux distro you could boot up to run a server. I dual-boot into Ubuntu but I hear Mint and [i forgot] are also good lightweight Linux distros that aren't too hard to set up for a server. I would do some research on how to set up the partitions and scratch and such though, might make it easier to manage everything in the long run.

naw man AMD fan boy for life (/cry)

it was some BE of the 1st gen

ill get specs in the morning, sleepy now.

i use Ubuntu desktop for awhile on my old laptop i go to college with. i like it alot and its quite easy to use. ill play with the server tomorrow, i picture it just being the terminal without a gui...

Edit: of course for the information of mystcraft on tekkit

I was going to do another write up like I did with this ( http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/how-to-create-and-use-a-block-id-dump.10289/ ) but I simply can't take another 4 hours of my day doing a Barney-style, by-the-numbers explanation. However, I'll do my best to do a quick write up here that could, at the very least, provide a good starting point for you guys.

Note: I just got Tekkit to work with Mystcraft (and Forestry) and it was relatively easy. Because this thread is dedicated to Mystcraft, I'll just explain what I did. I would like to point out that I simply loaded in and test to see if Mystcraft was working and if I'd get any immediate crashes. I have not tested this long-term nor have I tested it's interaction with mods like EE2 (on vanilla servers, age hopping often disabled the trans table until a server restart). If this breaks your stuff, corrupts your world, or sets your house on fire, it's not my problem. Change your stuff at your own risk.

What I did:

1. Grab the port here: Topic']http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=3541.0"]Topic%20Bukkit%20Ports%20Listing

2. Do a block id dump and an item id dump on Tekkit client (use the writeup above if you don't know what you're doing).

3. Install Mystcraft Client 0.9.1.02 Forge version into the modpack.jar.

4. Run, generate config file, crash, change block and item ids in the new mystcraft_config.txt file.

Here are the contents of my current Mystcraft config file:

# Configuration file

# Generated on 8/19/12 4:46 PM

####################

# block

####################

block {

block.bookstand.id=131

block.crystal.id=168

block.linkmodifier.id=4090

block.linkportal.id=182

block.receptacle.id=184

block.starfissure.id=180

block.unstable.id=149

block.writingdesk.id=132

}

####################

# entity

####################

entity {

entity.book.id=219

entity.falling.id=218

}

####################

# general

####################

general {

options.ageid.minimum=50

options.decay=true

options.platform.blockid=1

options.renderlabels=true

}

####################

# item

####################

item {

item.agebook.id=200

item.linkbook.id=201

item.notebook.id=203

item.writingdesk.id=202

}

####################

# packet

####################

packet {

packet.activate.id=137

packet.agedata.id=135

packet.falling.id=133

packet.openwindow.id=134

packet.tileentity.id=136

}

####################

# texture

####################

texture {

block.crystal.texture=175

block.unstable.texture=167

}

5. Run and test.

6. Install bukkit port into the tekkit.jar

7. Run, generate config file, crash, change block and item ids in the new mystcraft_config.txt file.

8. Ensure the "Block" area matches the client config.

Contents of my Mystcraft server config file:

# Configuration file

# Generated on 8/19/12 4:47 PM

####################

# block

####################

block {

block.bookstand.id=131

block.crystal.id=168

block.linkmodifier.id=4090

block.linkportal.id=182

block.receptacle.id=184

block.starfissure.id=180

block.unstable.id=149

block.writingdesk.id=132

}

####################

# entity

####################

entity {

entity.book.id=219

entity.falling.id=218

}

####################

# general

####################

general {

options.ageid.minimum=50

options.decay=true

options.platform.blockid=1

options.renderlabels=true

}

####################

# item

####################

item {

item.agebook.id=200

item.linkbook.id=201

item.notebook.id=203

item.writingdesk.id=202

}

####################

# packet

####################

packet {

packet.activate.id=137

packet.agedata.id=135

packet.falling.id=133

packet.openwindow.id=134

packet.tileentity.id=136

}

####################

# texture

####################

texture {

block.crystal.texture=175

block.unstable.texture=167

}

9. Run and test server and client together.

10. On my test, everything showed up in NEI and could be crafted except the Linkbook Stand which doesn't show up in NEI, is craftable, and Unnamed. I also didn't test long enough to find and test anything related to crystals and crystal portals. Once someone tests it, please report back.

Experiment with it and post if you run into bugs or crashes (just so I don't do what you did and wreck my world ;p). If you run into some issues, I can try and help.

@OP, if you want, copy my post into your original post (using the edit function) so people trying to do the same thing can check this out. I would only recommend doing this after a few people tested it and it worked. Also, I'd appreciate it if you'd credit me but mostly I just want people to be able to find this information when searching rather than starting useless threads.

Personally, after I got the client working, I was going to attempt to create a self-modified vanilla server to run Mystcraft and every mod in Tekkit...thank God I tried to do this first.

I'll be testing this later tonight in-depth. If I run into any major problems, I'll post.

Where did you put it in the tekkit.jar? or just drag n' drop it in the file?

Double That, And yeah only if server side...

^^^ we need to make some kind of thread that tells people how to install. there have been quite of few more "help...mystcraft"

I don't know what will help them read more shy of improved educational standards in their respective countries.

If you want, make a guide post on it. Feel free to copy my stuff over as a baseline if you'd like (just please give credit).

I haven't been by a lot this week (GW2 release) so I may not be as active for a few.

Double That, And yeah only if server side...

^^^ we need to make some kind of thread that tells people how to install. there have been quite of few more "help...mystcraft"

truely i dont need help.. its just because my server is beastnode and i have been getting extreme lag and a few bugs with uploading jars that it had been confusing me.. either way thanks for linking me to Yuriy that helped the most

truely i dont need help.. its just because my server is beastnode and i have been getting extreme lag and a few bugs with uploading jars that it had been confusing me.. either way thanks for linking me to Yuriy that helped the most

I self host so I only know a bit about hosts and such. If you have FTP access or something along those lines, you may be able to upload the jar zipped and then extract it if uploading a jar straight up doesn't work right. If I had that kind of trouble with a host, I'd hit them up and have them install the files for me.

Glad to have helped and hope it all works out for you.

I have to say I have encountered a few bugs. Descriptive or linking books don't work in the first tool bar slot - Just move the book from the first slot. Client crashes when learning symbols or travelling to a new world for the first time, unsure how to fix but the issue appears to be temporary. That is all I can think of, off the top of my head. Nothing to serious though but in it's current state I doubt it will be included into tekkit any-time soon. Maybe when 1.4 is released the bukkit port will be stabler.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Luck, this mod isn't made to be SMP friendly and unless Mojang find a way to reduce memory used by each chunk or a miracle is found, it will eat your ram for breakfast, cause each world (or age) that a player is in will have to be kept loaded in memory, do the math, 10 players on 10 age, 10x more memory needed for your server, 10x more lag...

Not quite true. Servers keep one render distance loaded for each world, only.

Thus, every new world is about equivalent for RAM as having an extra player playing on your server. Thus, if every player is alone in their own age, AND they are NOT hanging out by spawn, it would merely double your RAM usage.

However, in real life, on an SMP server, people dont want to be all by themselves (hence SMP...). Thus, it is unlikely that every player would have their own age, as many would be playing together. ALSO, those who do have their own age would probably mostly hang out near the spawn area of that age, which means you only need to keep one render distance loaded for that player and world combined (the player is playing for free in terms of RAM).

So let's say you have 10 players, only 7 ages, and 3 of the players are right by the spawn of some world. That would be 14 render distances kept loaded (10 + 7 - 3), versus 11 normally without mystcraft and nobody near spawn... (10 + 1). More like probably around 25% extra RAM usage, not 1000 extra %...

• 1 month later...

I have got this error, please help

42 mods loaded

Minecraft Forge 3.3.8.152

FML v2.2.78.153

Forge Mod Loader version 2.2.78.153 for Minecraft 1.2.5

mod_MinecraftForge : Pre-initialized (modpack.jar)

mod_Mystcraft : Pre-initialized (modpack.jar)

mod_CodeChickenCore : Pre-initialized (modpack.jar)

mod_NotEnoughItems : Pre-initialized (modpack.jar)

mod_ReiMinimap : Pre-initialized ([1.2.5]ReiMinimap_v3.2_04.zip)

mod_IC2AdvancedMachines : Pre-initialized (AdvancedMachines_4.0_client.zip)

mod_BuildCraftCore : Pre-initialized (buildcraft-client-A-core-2.2.14.zip)

mod_BuildCraftBuilders : Pre-initialized (buildcraft-client-B-builders-2.2.14.zip)

mod_BuildCraftEnergy : Pre-initialized (buildcraft-client-B-energy-2.2.14.zip)

mod_BuildCraftFactory : Pre-initialized (buildcraft-client-B-factory-2.2.14.zip)

mod_BuildCraftTransport : Pre-initialized (buildcraft-client-B-transport-2.2.14.zip)

mod_AdditionalPipes : Pre-initialized (buildcraft-client-DA-additionalpipes-2.1.3.zip)

mod_ccSensors : Pre-initialized (ccSensors-client-MC125-B017pr1.zip)

mod_CCTurtle : Pre-initialized (ComputerCraft)

mod_ComputerCraft : Pre-initialized (ComputerCraft)

mod_EE : Loaded (EE2ClientV1.4.6.5.jar)

mod_EnderStorage : Loaded (EnderStorage-Client 1.1.3.zip)

mod_IC2NuclearControl : Loaded (IC2NuclearControl_client_v1.1.10b.zip)

mod_ImmibisCore : Loaded (immibis-core_49.1.1_for_1.2.5-client.jar)

mod_IC2 : Loaded (industrialcraft-2-client_1.97.jar)

mod_InvTweaks : Loaded (InvTweaks-1.41b-1.2.4.zip)

mod_MAtmos_forModLoader : Loaded (MAtmos_packaged.zip)

mod_ModularForceFieldSystem : Loaded (mffs_rev7_for_1.2.5-client.zip)

mod_IC2_ChargingBench : Loaded (mod_chargingbench-client-1.95b-1.2.5-r1.zip)

mod_CompactSolars : Loaded (mod_compactsolars-client-2.3.2.10.zip)

mod_IronChest : Loaded (mod_ironchests-client-3.8.0.40.zip)

mod_NetherOres : Loaded (NetherOres_Client_1.2.1.zip)

mod_PowerConverters : Loaded (PowerConverters_Client_1.3.4.zip)

mod_Railcraft : Loaded (Railcraft_Client_5.3.3.zip)

mod_RedPowerControl : Loaded (RedPowerControl-2.0pr5b2.zip)

mod_RedPowerCore : Loaded (RedPowerCore-2.0pr5b2.zip)

mod_RedPowerLighting : Loaded (RedPowerLighting-2.0pr5b2.zip)

mod_RedPowerLogic : Loaded (RedPowerLogic-2.0pr5b2.zip)

mod_RedPowerMachine : Loaded (RedPowerMachine-2.0pr5b2.zip)

mod_RedPowerWiring : Loaded (RedPowerWiring-2.0pr5b2.zip)

mod_RedPowerWorld : Loaded (RedPowerWorld-2.0pr5b2.zip)

mod_TubeStuff : Loaded (tubestuff_49.1.2_for_1.2.5-client.jar)

mod_WeaponMod : Loaded (WeaponMod.zip)

mod_WirelessRedstoneAddons : Loaded (WR-CBE Addons-Client 1.2.2.3.zip)

mod_WirelessRedstoneCore : Loaded (WR-CBE Core-Client 1.2.2.3.zip)

mod_WirelessRedstoneRedPower : Loaded (WR-CBE RedPower-Client 1.2.2.1.zip)

mod_Forestry : Loaded (zzzforestry-client-A-1.4.6.1_bc2.2.jar)

Minecraft has crashed!

----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 6f214b15 --------

Generated 05.11.12 17:51

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5

Java: 1.7.0_07, Oracle Corporation

VM: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

LWJGL: 2.4.2

OpenGL: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 version 3.2.9712 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NullPointerException

at cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.ModLoaderModContainer.preInit(ModLoaderModContainer.java:114)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.preModInit(Loader.java:235)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:593)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onPreLoad(FMLClientHandler.java:193)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:383)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:735)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at forge.MinecraftForgeClient.registerSoundHandler(MinecraftForgeClient.java:77)

at mod_EE.<init>(mod_EE.java:180)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.ModLoaderModContainer.preInit(ModLoaderModContainer.java:107)

... 6 more

--- END ERROR REPORT ffa089d1 ----------