Had to do it...

Object

When is Tekkit 1.3 going to be released?

No wait, I didn't ask it in my best nub kiddy voice...how about.

OMG LOL, WHEN IZ TIKKET 3.1 GUNNA BE RELEESED!?!?!?!?!?!!?1111111ONEONEONEONE

Now to the more productive info, Tekkit and any other modpack ported to Bukkit via MCPC has to wait for many things before releasing to the public, so don't get your panties in a bunch. The technicpack dudes have released a note about this but I will help keep some of you informed by explaining the entire process. (correct me if I'm wrong at any step)

First off Bukkit needs to be released, and not the first RB (that one is tested as well as toys from China are tested for lead) but usually the first dev build. This will take a good amount of time, I'm guessing due to the size of 1.3 it'll take a couple weeks.

During this time the devs for all the tekkit mods are frantically, quickly, swiftly, taking their sweet ass time, releasing updates for 1.3. When they are done that's when MCPC starts porting them over to Bukkit. No one knows how long this will take, it's a complex forumula based on how desperate the nerds at MCPC are, multiplied by the complexity of 1.3 then subtracted by pure luck. (drugs and energy drinks are an optional subtraction as well while alcohol is an addition)

Then after all this is done the dudes here at technicpack.net consult a magic unicorn, present it with the finished mods and the unicorn goes naaaaaaay, and that is how babies are born...no wait...ignore that last part.

Hope this helps.

I appreciate you both taking the time to read the entire post instead of basing their opinion off the first line. I know it's a fairly obscure method to get this explanation out but I wanted to add some obscurity and humour in the post.

Well, you captured the personality of a new tekkit user who just came straight from MCF perfectly. Caps, terrible spelling, perfect.

Fixed that. Those of us who never tried to swim in the pool of...something that is the Minecraft Forums didn't lose all our brain cells.

Nice post. Since I had no idea on the exact procedures, this gave me a rough idea for when I can hope it'll be released. Before, I didn't know if it's something to be expected within a week or 6 months.

Now I know I can start to whine about the lazy devs about two weeks from now ;D;D;D;D

I heard if you bribe them with weed and cheetos it gets done much faster, or slower if they listen to Phish too.

IDK man, everytime I hang with someone high on weed, nothing gets done. Ever. We just sit there and eat random shit. :P I think we should try crack

I think you got dev build and RB backwards... Devs are the shitty initial ones for edgy and desperate server owners, RB's are the stable ones. :P

I think you don't read up on what you're talking about. The first RB is never tested, if you actually keep up with Bukkit news you'd know that. Hell EvilSeph even states it very clearly in the news for the Bukkit 1.3 version. http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/when-will-craftbukkit-for-1-3-be-released.88921/

He states...

That being said, we'll continue to do our best to get an update out within a reasonable amount of time and will likely follow our usual policy of promoting the first Recommended Build the moment we get something that compiles and runs without any testing done whatsoever.

He then responds later on to someone asking about this statement...

Correct. The first RB we promote following a Minecraft update has no testing whatsoever. It simply compiles and runs. We do this because people complain we take too long to release something and we hope it shows people how much work goes into making sure the builds we release don't completely corrupt your world or worse. If people want to run the untested build, by all means, they can. However, they will not get support for it - it is essentially a pre-alpha build (not even a developer build) that has been rebranded as a Recommended Build so people that want to *really* be on the edge can.

So VideoBoy, you're statement is correct, most of the time, but for initial releases you actually want to stay away from the first RB.

I think you don't read up on what you're talking about. The first RB is never tested, if you actually keep up with Bukkit news you'd know that. Hell EvilSeph even states it very clearly in the news for the Bukkit 1.3 version. http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/when-will-craftbukkit-for-1-3-be-released.88921/

He states...

He then responds later on to someone asking about this statement...

So VideoBoy, you're statement is correct, most of the time, but for initial releases you actually want to stay away from the first RB.

Dude, I'm running a dev build and it works just fine. It's not even the latest dev. But yeah, for some reason you're right too, based on my experience hosting a vanilla server, I've had the most problems with RB's. Like, the devs work just fine but then they release the RB and come up with a new one two hours later because of something serious like a dupe bug or some shit. I recall this happening twice so far. XD