Ugocraft?

Zegaroth

After building some amazing things in Tekkit and Technic I always felt as if it was missing something. I had played with Ugocraft before, and it seemed like my factories were missing the awesome rotating mills, bridges, and giant looming machinery twisting above my head.

The first question, however, is whether or not Ugocraft would be compatible with the other mods in Technic/Tekkit and how hard it would be to install it with the pack and how hard it would be to code the installer that helps it.

In case you're wondering what Ugocraft is, observe this spotlight by the Yogcast:

I agree that Ugocraft is really cool, but it's the kind of mod that looks like it would have a lot of compatibility issues, due to how many physics are changed or created.

Plus, Ugocraft is a mod so awesome I would have thought it would have been added to the mod pack long ago if it was possible.

I agree that Ugocraft is really cool, but it's the kind of mod that looks like it would have a lot of compatibility issues, due to how many physics are changed or created.

Plus, Ugocraft is a mod so awesome I would have thought it would have been added to the mod pack long ago if it was possible.

I agree. It would be awesome. You would just have pipe and wiring errors all over the place, I have the feeling.

Yeah, but making your mod compatible with forge is supplementary work, and modders are still people... And people can be lazy.

it's not so much being lazy as it is being unwilling to have your mod truly be played by a wide audience.

There was the Zeppelin mod in Technic 6 which did a lot of similar stuff (though no vertical rotation for some reason) but it was removed in Technic 7 because it was too buggy.

Ugocraft unfortunately doesn't play well with other mods, and even on its own it can be pretty unstable.

Eh, I bet that if I put some work into it I could make Ugocraft compatible, if I can get permission from the creator of course. While I'm at it I might as well design how the Ugocraft things would interact with the Tekkit and Technic things, such as moving pipes around for whatever reason.

Asking for permission just wastes everybody's time and annoys you. Most mods can be made compatible with decompilation and class merging, but the time and tedium is rarely worth it. Took me hours just to merge Finite Liquid back a while ago, and that barely had any conflicts at all.

Asking for permission just wastes everybody's time and annoys you. Most mods can be made compatible with decompilation and class merging, but the time and tedium is rarely worth it. Took me hours just to merge Finite Liquid back a while ago, and that barely had any conflicts at all.

I was actually looking at that mod just last night... any premade files or tips on that specific one?

Yeah, it's too laggy to bother with. But if you want it anyway, decompile it against vanilla, diff the sources against vanilla with forge installed, and go to town. You're in for a bumpy ride.

ah laggy, that's unfortunate. I noticed it added a bunch of other stuff... all I really wanted was to fix the infinite water pool glitch XD

What glitch?

maybe not a glitch, but I see it as such. Perhaps a design flaw instead. Where a small pool of water will infinitely create new source blocks instead of drying up if you take the existing source blocks. I think water should be a limited resource like lava and oil when you're not near the ocean.

Yeah, that's totally intended behaviour last time I checked.

Jakj has a mod posted around here that allows you to disable that.

oh awesome, thanks. Nice job Jakj -- well I haven't tried it yet, but I'm assuming nice job ;)

Damn forum was giving me database errors anytime I tried to search for something like that, but managed to get it through the profile page.

It would have been easier to just check the modding boards :P

Regular users can't see the six million deleted threads in there.

Ah that's true. For some reason I was thinking the Questions sub-board was all there was to the Modder's area.