vinsonc11

Extreme Stuttering

Question

This is classified as an in-game bug. 

This happens all the time (10/10).

Steps: 

Open the latest version of Technic Launcher

Ensure that java version is latest (64 bit update 60 java 8).

Allocate 2gb of RAM. I have tried 512mb, 1gb, 4gb, 12gb, they all stutter.

Open Tekkit Legends (takes a minute or so, I have installed on my SSD).

Create world/Play selected world. (Takes several minutes).

Stutters extremely badly.

Sometimes gets better, stuttering once every two seconds, but still unplayable.

Sometimes the game also crashes when opening inventory/chest etc.

crash-2015-10-02_10.56.21-client.txt

I have Java 8 Update 60 installed. I have a powerful enough graphics card (AMD HD 7850, not powerful, but good enough for minecraft). This issue only happens with Tekkit Legends, other modpacks do not suffer from stuttering. I understand that this is in early dev and may still be buggy but I cannot find other people with the same issues.

Thank you

2 answers to this question

You have a environment variable set in the system and it's limiting your java memory to 512MB whatever you set in the launcher.

Read on environment variables (just google it) go to your system settings and remove any "JAVA_OPTIONS" variable, restart pc.

Report any findings.

Haha yes, I have JUST FIGURED THAT OUT. It is running smooth as butter now. Thanks Bochen415 anyway! I don't use forums much, could you somehow close this thread? Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By NanoByte
      I can't allocate more than 1 GB of RAM to my technic launcer, and before you comment you need to know that I have a 64bit Win10 and 64 bit Java 8 latest version. I also have plenty of memory available (16 more precise) and a pretty nice pc, my only problem is that I can't load any pack because of the Ram restriction 
    • By NebelC0meback
      Hello people of the Technic community, I've had this problem for around 3 weeks now, and after countless hours of research i couldn't get it to work.
      I've got the following problem:
      I've been using Ubuntu (PoPOS) for around 2 months now, and i got really familiar with it. I got minecraft from the repositories no problem whatsoever. But as i wanted to play with mods, My old friend Technic Launcher came to my mind again, so i tried to install it and play some modpacks.
      Problem:
      I've installed the correct java version (OpenJDK 8 ) and put the techniclauncher.jar as an executable. Now when i run the launcher, the installation screen pops up, everything normal. Now when i install it as a portable or just normally, it creates the directory and the installer dissapears. Everything ok until now: When i try to launch Technic again, it just crashes. The java process is running, but starts dissapearing. So i tried again with oracle Java 11. Same problem. It just crashes. When i launch it over Terminal, it gives me this:

[email protected]:/home/muenzlpsaveyourinternet# java -jar '/home/directory/TechnicLauncher.jar' '/home/directory/TechnicLauncher.jar'
      Settings for exe: /home/directory/TechnicLauncher.jar
      Portable settings dir: /home/directory/technic
      Setting up logging
      And nothing else happens, the terminal doesnt continue launching, same with launching without terminal.Nothing opens , just the process i can see in my system manager
      I tried and tried, i uninstalled the runtimes, 8 and 11, tried and tried but nothing worked. I found no answer, now after 2 weeks of trying, I decided to post this here to get some answers from nice people who like to help in the community.
      If you like to help me, just post solutions or suggestions in the section down, please stay simple with ubuntu stuff since i am really new to linux and just getting started. Thanks for any response.
      (replaced my install directory with directory because its pretty much useless for help and might confuse people)

• By JokeInABox
      Hi All,
      when i install a modpack and click play, all it dose is close launcher then minecraft appears in the taskbar takes a few seconds then switches to the name of the mod im trying to play (Legands) then dose nothing, wont let me click on it and when i hover over its just a blank white box. 
      I have tried a Couple of different things to get it to work but to no avail.
      Reinstalled minecraft and launcher
      restart PC 
      Changed to 64bit java and set to 4GB ram 
      checked to see if my NVIDA was up to date 

all help would be greatly appreciated.
      link to my logs https://pastebin.com/rNEDnvKb 
    • By 2003Alex2011
      I recently started a Tekkit Legends world and decided to manually add Galacticraft back into the modpack. I've been playing for around 50 hours. After returning to Earth from my space station, I noticed an insane dip in TPS. The /TPS command reveals a TPS of 0.3. I have no idea what caused this, but if anyone has any insight into whatever's going on, it would be much appreciated.
      Information:
      World Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3mk2wq3u5kesuyq/Tekkit.rar/file
      RAM: Java using 3.4GB of allocated 3.5GB
      If any more information is needed, I will add it here.