What the hell is the point...

Weylin

...Of every single god damned piece of %@#& cord-powered appliance having a CLOCK on it?

Not only a clock, but a clock that holds you hostage from actually using the thing.

And the manufacturers cant be bothered to put a short-term capacitor/mosfet power loss memory storage so it doesn't delete the time off all 50 devices in the son of a bitching house because the power went off for 5 seconds?

All i want to do is cook a bag of popcorn, not get out a user manual to figure out how the hell to punch in some random number so i can actually use the microwave for its intended purpose.

10th time the power has gone out today and we have to punch through all this BS to use an appliance.

yes yes, 1st world problems and all that...

I hear appliances work better if you clock them real good, sometimes. your second option would be to ask someone to give you a hand for a minute so you can throw it out the window.

Ya tossing it out the window really makes time fly. Also all of these puns are driving me coo-coo!

...Of every single god damned piece of %@#& cord-powered appliance having a CLOCK on it?

Not only a clock, but a clock that holds you hostage from actually using the thing.

And the manufacturers cant be bothered to put a short-term capacitor/mosfet power loss memory storage so it doesn't delete the time off all 50 devices in the son of a bitching house because the power went off for 5 seconds?

All i want to do is cook a bag of popcorn, not get out a user manual to figure out how the hell to punch in some random number so i can actually use the microwave for its intended purpose.

10th time the power has gone out today and we have to punch through all this BS to use an appliance.

yes yes, 1st world problems and all that...

On topic, I think it's because they want you to see how many time you've wasted with it until you get it properly running. Or they want clocks everywhere.