Technic Mod Primers

Dratnos

Nice, I shall be watching with interest.

Thank you, kind sir. Nice name :D

Please say you had atleast one nuclear explosion, mob falling on you from dah sky , etc?

Haha indeed. These are rights of passage IMO :)

Got a sub from me. Going to be watching as soon as they come out. Very informative and useful. Keep it up!

<3

I've been playing technic for quite a while now, and your primers still prove helpful and educational. "Doorgaan zo" we say in Holland, and it means "keep on going!"

@roe Didn't know you were Dutch. Might add the "roe is epic" line then... Nationalism ftw!

I've been playing technic for quite a while now, and your primers still prove helpful and educational. "Doorgaan zo" we say in Holland, and it means "keep on going!"

Another dutchman 'Goed zo' :) . Thanks for making these primers Dratnos, they made everything a lot clearer for me.

This is pretty good, you got a very understandable voice.

Do you know anything about CompuCraft part of technic? It sounds interesting, and I want to know how to use it.

That's actually one of the mods I know the least about, I plan on doing a primer on it sometime soon though (after learning about it) - ahead of it on the list are at least two mods; Thaumcraft and Logistic Pipes. :)

Good luck on teaching people basic Lua within a reasonable video length, I would recommend you make a primer first on how to use the default programs to your advantage and show certain programs from the library you can use, like the auto-building turtle programs. This way we can use the functionality of computercraft without needing to know how to program :D

Good luck on teaching people basic Lua within a reasonable video length, I would recommend you make a primer first on how to use the default programs to your advantage and show certain programs from the library you can use, like the auto-building turtle programs. This way we can use the functionality of computercraft without needing to know how to program :D

You will also likely want to teach how to edit the default programs in a later video. I personally find that editing existing code can help you understand what some changes to them. There is a tutorial program (I don't remember if it is default or in redworks) that covers some basic lua. A simple password lock should not be that hard to teach. Getting into the more advanced stuff with APIs and stuff would needs it's own video primers series.

I don't know that much Lua myself but I might be able to help you learn it if needed. Good practice for being a Comp Engr major nonetheless.

When is the next one coming out! Can't wait! ;D

Can you do a mod primer on the extra mods like the better dungeons mod

and maybe some like somnia?

Episode 2 is actually designed to go over a lot of the small mods, it includes Somnia.

I don't think I'll end up doing Better Dungeons for the next little while since, to my knowledge, it doesn't really add anything tricky to understand - if this isn't true let me know and I'll take a look :D

The current plan is to do Thaumcraft and Logistic Pipes next - look for the first Thaumcraft vid to come up quite soon (within a week or so) :)

Great job with the primer videos. Learned a lot out of your third episode. Also been enjoying your let's play tekkit videos. Keep 'em coming!

Thanks, will do. If all goes according to plan we should have Thaumcraft coming up over the next few days (not sure how many episodes it'll take)

Are you a teacher by the way? I mean, that'd really make my lessons a lot nicer, if you explained stuff (even though I live in Holland)

Student actually :)