Technic Battles Redux

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since when are you a grammar nazi

It's not because you find one's disgusting grammar annoying that you're a grammar nazi. A grammar nazi is more someone who'll complain about "your/you're" errors or such.

No offense, but if one has to think about what you wrote to actually understand what you meant, you're probably doing something wrong.

ok sorry but really now you post xylord havent seen you in a while

By the way, I'm answering the post #666.

I don't play in the server anymore, because of school and etc, so I don't answer server-related stuff, which makes up most of the thread. However, I always post about grammar related stuff. :D

Well, before I left the server, I typed "No one can grief my milk machine right?" To which you replied "Yeah" I then logged off, knowing my stuff was safe and that if anybody griefed, action would be taken. Now it seems to me that I can't trust anyone's word in anything. I will most likely not be going on this server anymore, as the toxicity of some of the people on it completely baffles me. Feel free to disband Minational, I don't care anymore.

Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention, I thought you asked if you wouldn't have your buildings griefed.

Ugh, Gavjenks, I said you could take down the cow milker, not all his stuff. *grumble*.

1) The "base" that I destroyed consisted of a milking machine, and then a wooden shack with nothing in it but chests of milking machine building materials and an alloy furnace for making tubes for a milking machine. that was the whole "base," so I destroyed all of it. If it had been a device sitting outside an actual full base with other stuff, then I would have been more surgical.

2) What the hell just happened half an hour ago? One of the whole points of resetting the map yesterday was to install rollback plugins, so that major base destruction could simply be reversed. Then 3 companies get nuked, and instead of just rolling back, we reset the map again?

That's REALLY annoying. We've all been playing for hours and hours getting set up, and it was just getting to the point of cool stuff being able to be built, and now we just wipe everything... Did you not install rollback plugins? if not, what was the point of resetting the map yesterday even? If there's no better protections than there were before, then this was obviously going to happen again, and we were obviously going to be right back at square 1. And similarly, it will obviously happen again in the future, too. If we don't roll back in the future, either, then when somebody nukes a base, probably in another couple of days, we're just gonna reset the server again?

I don't want to put in my valuable time building on a server that's just going to delete it all two days later on average. Which is why a server that resets every day or two or every week or whatever inevitably sucks for anybody who has been there for more than a cycle or two. Doesn't matter how cool the people are - being forced to redo the same monotonous, simple, getting started stuff over and over is not fun.

Please update on the status of backup, rollback and logging mods, and why they weren't used?

The "base" that I destroyed consisted of a milking machine, and then a wooden shack with nothing in it but chests of milking machine building materials and an alloy furnace for making tubes for a milking machine. that was the whole "base," so I destroyed all of it. If it had been a device sitting outside an actual full base with other stuff, then I would have been more surgical.

1) The base that you destroyed was mine. It was my company shack for starting out, and you had no right to destroy it. I had a lot of shit in there, and you destroyed it all. The alloy furnace was for redpower things you asshat. He only told you to destroy the milk machine, you shouldn't have gone and destroyed the whole fucking house, moron. How fucking stupid are you? IT was a device sitting outside of my base. Also, I JUST STARTED OUT, OF COURSE MY SHACK ISN'T GOING TO BE FULL. He only said to destroy the milker, but you went and got rid of all that didn't please you. That sounds like the average griefer to me. You're as bad as xchampx, getting rid of andrew's base. -snip-

1) The base that you destroyed was mine. It was my company shack for starting out, and you had no right to destroy it. I had a lot of shit in there, and you destroyed it all. The alloy furnace was for redpower things you asshat. He only told you to destroy the milk machine, you shouldn't have gone and destroyed the whole fucking house, moron. How fucking stupid are you? IT was a device sitting outside of my base. Also, I JUST STARTED OUT, OF COURSE MY SHACK ISN'T GOING TO BE FULL. He only said to destroy the milker, but you went and got rid of all that didn't please you. That sounds like the average griefer to me. You're as bad as xchampx, getting rid of andrew's base. Go die in a hole and eat shit from your father you putrid fucking dog.

Woah, woah.. Hold the hostility a little. I'm still considering whether to keep hosting the server or not. Gav, you had no right to take down the entire base, and Moose, you don't need to tell him to, well, yea. Rollback plugins wise, I don't know how to use those, so even if I did install them, they wouldn't do much anyway.

1) The base that you destroyed was mine. It was my company shack for starting out, and you had no right to destroy it. I had a lot of shit in there, and you destroyed it all. The alloy furnace was for redpower things you asshat. He only told you to destroy the milk machine, you shouldn't have gone and destroyed the whole fucking house, moron. How fucking stupid are you? IT was a device sitting outside of my base. Also, I JUST STARTED OUT, OF COURSE MY SHACK ISN'T GOING TO BE FULL. He only said to destroy the milker, but you went and got rid of all that didn't please you. That sounds like the average griefer to me. You're as bad as xchampx, getting rid of andrew's base. Go die in a hole and eat shit from your father you putrid fucking dog.

Fun fact: alloy furnaces are not flammable, and therefore it was still there after I left.

Fun fact #2: Milking machines are "redpower things," so you're not really contradicting me...

Fun fact #3: I am very knowledgeable about RP2, and it was blatantly obvious that 75% of the stuff in your chests was for making milking machines, while the other 25% was worthless junk. It was like "half a stack of dirt, 12 redstone tubes, a red doped wafer, a lever, a piece of string, regular pneumatic tubes, a couple of extra buckets" etc. There were no chests of general ingots or other resources, other than the oens obviously being used for brass for tubes. There were no chests with armor. There were no chests with food. Nothing like a normal base. In fact, I was pretty convinced that it was a milk machine outpost of a different company built away somewhere else to hide its identity. That's how blatantly specialized it was. And if cow machines are grounds for PVP (as it says on the opening post), then obviously, the materials for cow machines are also ground for PVP. Otherwise you could just walk back in 2 seconds later and put the thing back together again. Thus, whole thing destroyed.

Admittedly, the 200 or so wooden planks the building was made out of were not part of the actual milking machine, and were destroyed for thematic completeness. However, the time it takes to cut down like 10 trees is almost longer than it took me to dismantle the place, so that pretty clearly falls under "minor griefing and setbacks" which is allowed on this server (see OP).

Fun fact: alloy furnaces are not flammable, and therefore it was still there after I left.

Fun fact #2: Milking machines are "redpower things," so you're not really contradicting me...

Fun fact #3: I am very knowledgeable about RP2, and it was blatantly obvious that 75% of the stuff in your chests was for making milking machines, while the other 25% was worthless junk. It was like "half a stack of dirt, 12 redstone tubes, a red doped wafer, a lever, a piece of string, regular pneumatic tubes, a couple of extra buckets" etc. There were no chests of general ingots or other resources, other than the oens obviously being used for brass for tubes. There were no chests with armor. There were no chests with food. Nothing like a normal base. In fact, I was pretty convinced that it was a milk machine outpost of a different company built away somewhere else to hide its identity. That's how blatantly specialized it was. And if cow machines are grounds for PVP (as it says on the opening post), then obviously, the materials for cow machines are also ground for PVP. Otherwise you could just walk back in 2 seconds later and put the thing back together again. Thus, whole thing destroyed.

Admittedly, the 200 or so wooden planks the building was made out of were not part of the actual milking machine, and were destroyed for thematic completeness. However, the time it takes to cut down like 10 trees is almost longer than it took me to dismantle the place, so that pretty clearly falls under "minor griefing and setbacks" which is allowed on this server (see OP).

Fun fact #1: My alloy furnace was gone.

Fun fact #2: Milking machines are EE things, not redpower things.

Fun fact #3: I kept most of the stuff in my alchemy bag, as I was worried about griefers like yourself coming and taking things. When I settled down more, I planned to actually have storage for stuff.

Fun fact #4: Even though you might have been convinced that it was "just an outpost", that still didn't give you a right to burn it down. Andrew said to ONLY BREAK DOWN THE MILK MACHINE. NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.

Fun fact #5: PVP is not equal to greifing.

Fun fact #6: YOU STILL SHOULDN'T HAVE DESTROYED IT

Fun fact #7: IT took way more than 10 trees, it took a fucking forest.

Fun fact #8: What you did does not fall under "minor griefing and setbacks", in fact, it qualifies for full fledged griefing. You should be banned immediately, as you might go and grief other people with your twisted mind.

-snip-

Ok, true. Technically "minor griefing" is not according to time, but to how big the base was. If the base was 10 blocks, and you broke 10 blocks plus everything inside, that is not minor griefing.

EDIT: ninja'd

EDIT EDIT: Mooseman, please hold the hostility, I don't want to have to report you.

Ok, true. Technically "minor griefing" is not according to time, but to how big the base was. If the base was 10 blocks, and you broke 10 blocks plus everything inside, that is not minor griefing.

EDIT: ninja'd

He broke my whole house and everything inside which includes: Wooden house made of 3-5 stacks of wood. Transmutation tablet. Batbox. Wiring. Macerator. Electric Furnace. Compressor. Extractor. Solar Panels. Chests.

As you can see, this takes some time to make, and it constitutes as major griefing.

Edit: I'm sorry andrew, but people like gavjenks are just as bad as xchampx, and make my blood boil.