Calling Anyone That Makes Texture Packs..

ErusPrime

I've decided to try my hand at expanding the Tronic Texture Pack.

I have no idea what I'm doing so if there's anyone out there that wants to help, I'd like to see the first official texture pack that has been expanded specifically for technic.

Seriously, my ability to art is almost nil.

Phase I - organize the core technic mods and make the necessary file available for editing.

Phase II - pick a pack and start editing

Phase III - impress the ladies.

I would be willing to help thought I would be more skilled at helping with Phase I thought I might be able to mimic the style on certain lower detail items, I was able to pretty accurately add the spawner egg to my personal copy of Doku high back when it they were only in snapshots (took a bit of tweaking to center it right though). So I would be willing to help in whatever way I can... Well when I am not busy with classwork that is.

I've actually been farting around with making a texture pack for a while and it kind of has that hyper simplistic feeling of Tronic but less simplistic. And not nearly as nice or nearly as done.

I'd LOVE to help make this. Really, I would. It'd be good experience and honestly, Tronic can't be that hard to duplicate. Most blocks are like four colors is even.

Phase III though... I honestly can't think of many ladies that would be considerably impressed by Technic support for the Tronic texture pack for that game with the blocks. And I've got a girl friend already... So I might skip this step. But please, post results from this phase if anyone gets anything.

I'll likely check back in later tonight to see if anyone has "called" anything or "assigned" anything. Until then, I'm going grocery shopping and then grabbing Tronic to check it out.

By working on I meant like less than half of terrain.png. *ahem* Well. Uh, anyways. Working on block_0.png of ic2. Basically its terrain.png.

Also, ErusPrime have you found a "map" or whatever of ic2 (or any of these mods) because sometimes I'm not exactly sure what a particular block is or goes to. It'd be nice to know.

I'd be willing to attempt helping if given a specific task. Save for certain things that this wouldn't be included under, however, I have the nasty tendency toward idling and laziness if not given some sort of instruction. I also have very little to no artistic ability, though I think this pack, due to its simplicity, is easily within the ability of anyone to append to, provided they can see color to some extent and have an idea of what doesn't make eyes burn.

So it is agreed we do the whole pack in neon pink? XD

How could I tell every block apart from pink wool?

What if I dropped a raw pork chop and couldn't find it?

What is it's hard to find pigs?

I don't think all neon pink is a very good idea.

Also, it kind of is difficult to have everything look really basic but also be able to differentiate between a lot of blocks. I've the iron furnace, electro furnace, and reienforced stone, glass, and door all done as well as what I believe to be the generic sides, tops, and bottoms of the machines (top most 3x2 in block_0.png).

Speaking of which, does anyone know what the deal is with that second set? The slightly darker iron looking blocks? What are those for? I've been trying to tell but I'm not sure, looks like maybe some of the machines have a slightly darker base though so maybe it is for those.

I say we call it "Techtronic!"

How could I tell every block apart from pink wool?

What if I dropped a raw pork chop and couldn't find it?

What is it's hard to find pigs?

I don't think all neon pink is a very good idea.

I say we call it "Techtronic!"

Feel free to make your own version with that color scheme. I'm sure there's someone, somewhere, who would love it.

Hehe, I was just tying to pick the most eye burning color I could think of, though a single color texture pack would make stuff... interesting.

I like the name "Techtronic". Just got to avoid any TRON references.

Here is what I have done. Oddly, I've felt like texturing but yet unluckily it's been one of those days where the ADD acts up. Bleh. Can't believe it's eleven already. Anyways, do you guys like this? The top two rows are the only with anything done. the bottom is essentially scratch work.

As always, criticism is encouraged.

You may notice that there is a lot more... detail? I guess? Than tronic normally has. That's because first, it would be so hard to differentiate a bunch of blocks with outlines and second because the machine block is basically an iron block and the iron block has a gradient I used it on the machines and on the fuel can on the canning machine.

Separated Texture Files

I extracted all the items in my mods folder.

I went through each folder (leaving the structure in tact) and deleted anything that wasn't a PNG.

Lemme know if I missed something.

Hard? I guess....

Anyways, I got a texture pack made for Tekkit, then copied it to a folder. I then overwrote most files with the Tronic pack.

The texture pack I used is Morton's Plain and Simple for Tekkit. Just google it. Goes good with Tronic. I think. Only problem is that the Morton's is not high-res. May cause problems. I think.

Hard? I guess....

Anyways, I got a texture pack made for Tekkit, then copied it to a folder. I then overwrote most files with the Tronic pack.

The texture pack I used is Morton's Plain and Simple for Tekkit. Just google it. Goes good with Tronic. I think. Only problem is that the Morton's is not high-res. May cause problems. I think.

I have mortons. the tall grass needs to be a different color. it gets camo'd into the grass blocks. I like it but I prefer the Tronic pack. It has a cleaner feel to it. Like you're actually playing in a digital world.

edit: also, post the edited pack.

I have mortons. the tall grass needs to be a different color. it gets camo'd into the grass blocks. I like it but I prefer the Tronic pack. It has a cleaner feel to it. Like you're actually playing in a digital world.

edit: also, post the edited pack.

I so far haven't seen any problems. It is too large for an attachment due to Tronic's bigger resolution. Some things do look kinda weird.

http://www.mediafire.com/?89200bx8f4jaib3

hmmm... looks pretty cool am using PureBDCraft atm for TEchnic Pack but gonna add this to the folder!

Have been doing some texturing myself TBH so if you want me to have a go at anything that would be great. :D

that'd be cool. I like the sphax gui on stuff. Tronic world blocks and sphax machines.

I kind of completely abandoned working on this. However, I have been diligently working on a 32x texture pack that's more or less a Tronic deviation. Most blocks are either very simple with the shaded borders and no style (most natural blocks), have a nice hexagon pattern (stone and logs), or try to get that incredible, euphoric, "omg I'm in a digital world" feel. As such, I'm calling it "Digitize me Captain!"

Terrain.png is almost done, then I'm moving onto get the "natural" blocks from the mods, then onto items or manufactured mod blocks. Maybe mobs at some point in there. When I release it I will do it under CC with share alike and give a nice readme on how to make some basic textures with it (there will be "templates" included as well as a bare minimum wtf is GIMP).

If you didn't notice I attached the terrain .png. It's undone, obviously. Tell me what you guys think about it. I realize this post is nigh off topic but I am posting this because I think most of the (not implemented yet) mod support would look good with Tronic so I thought everyone would be interested.

Things I'd like feed back on: The wool, the ores, the leaves, the torches, and the furnace. Is the wool too stylistic? Should the ores that require smelting be more like the original (instead of looking like a chunk of stuff)? Should the leaves be... different? Should the furnace not have the original half slab bottom that the original has?