Help needed, my Technic launcher is broken!?

Akira

Question

I have encountered a problem where the program wont work.

I click the shortcut and it shows the blue technic logo(with a bar underneath saying "Query update system 0%). Almost straight after that, the blue logo stops responding (after the grey bar disappears). plus the only way to close it is through task manager.

I have been looking for different ways to fix this and the closest i have gotten was when i went and troubleshot for problems and in the end it said "Not Compatible (!)".

I would really appreciate some help As soon as possible :/

-Akira

abc1.JPG

17 answers to this question

We're gonna get the big guns now.

Download the linux jar launcher version (yes, I know you are using windows, do it anyway) from http://launcher.technicpack.net/launcher4/328/TechnicLauncher.jar

Move it to the C:\  directory (root of drive C)

Hit WinKey + R on the keybaord, type cmd and hit Enter. In the commandline window that will open type 

java -jar C:\TechnicLauncher.jar

and hit Enter

What do you see now? Screenshot would be nice.

Now we are getting somewhere. You changed the language to English, but some parts of the system are still working in Japanese and java hates strange characters (like ¥).

I need one more bit of informations (the codepage for your system) do the following:

Hit WinKey + R on the keybaord, type cmd and hit Enter. In the commandline window that will open type 

chcp

and hit Enter. There will be an answer in that window, post it here or make a screenshot. If it's like 932 then we are on the right track.

From all the articles I read on that your pc should have the operating system reinstalled to an English system (or other that is your native language), all other solutions can mess with your pc and make it unbootable.

You can change the codepage but I don't recommend that and it will be back to 932 when you restart your pc.

To change it you would need to run cmd again and type

chcp 437

in there and hit Enter, this will make all console apps to forget the yen character and switch it to "\" then you would need to remove the settings.json file (instructions here) again because it contains the old (broken) settings and after that you can run the launcher.

If you decide to mess with your codepage setting please report back with findings.