Launcher Crashing when 64-bit Java installed

McD285

Question

The launcher will not open if 64-bit Java has been installed, even if 32-bit Java is also installed.  32-bit Java has to be the only Java present on the system.  My one and only workaround for this at the moment is to install 64-bit Java on a thumb drive and plug it in AFTER I've opened the Technic Launcher, so that I can choose it in the Java settings and increase the max RAM available.  

If 64-bit Java is installed on the system, the launcher will load for less than a second and then close, and then a Java error report will be saved where the launcher is located.  Attached is one such error report along with a log file from the .technic roaming folder.

The Java version is jre1.8.0_65.  My OS in Windows 10, with 16GB RAM.  Let me know if you need any more information about my system to tackle this issue.

hs_err_pid11128.log

techniclauncher_2015-10-25.log

8 answers to this question

Seems to be working so far.  I removed the thumb drive so there was no 64-bit Java present on the system, downloaded and installed 64-bit Java, rebooted, and started up Technic without the thumb drive plugged in.  I'm able to load up a modpack and play.

How did you know to remove RivaTuner?  

Thanks so much for the solution and quick replies!

Here is a Fix without removing RivaTuner:

1. Open RIvaTuner Statistics Server
  2. Click "Add"
  3. Navigate to your Java directory f.e: (C:\Program Files\Java\Version\bin)
  4. Select "javaw.exe"
  5. Change "Application detection level" to "None"
  6. Start the Technic Launcher

sorry for adding to an old thread, but i thought it might be useful.