EE Overpowered? I think not.

Icerith

I'm a user of EE, I basically don't use anything else, and I've heard from SO many other people that EE is overpowered, and I'm going to post a couple of questions or statements of people arguing that EE is OP, and below it I'll post my rebuttal. Now, this is all based off of my experience or the experience of others I'm close to.

Q: EE is overpowered. Why? Because you can just duplicate whatever you want.

A: EE does allow you to duplicate whatever you want, but at a great cost to you. While it doesn't take me, or anyone I know, to long to make an energy condenser, it does cost a hefty amount of resources.

Q: While using the Red Matter or Gem Armor from EE, you are basically invincible.

A: Not true, I can usually take quite a bit of damage from anything that's not a player. Quantum Armor, however, protects from both Aggressive and Passive damages.

Q: EE is stupid.

A: No, your life is forfeight.

Q: The Gem Armor is overpowered in PvP, it allows you to spawn lightning and be faster then the opponent, not to mention you can fly or super jump.

A: Well, that's because Gem Armor is made for PvPing in my eyes. I mean, it's good for everyday stuff to, but it's great with PvP. Not to mention being able to do those things is worth it for what it's used for. You're Quantum Armor has 100% damage reduction while Red Matter Armor or Gem Armor only reduces 90%. You're calling EE overpowered?

Post a rebuttal to mine, which I will post a rebuttal to, or post a question or statement that I can edit onto the post with my rebuttal added. Thanks! :D

I thought that most had agreed that EE can change the game and can be fun, but it can distort economies and make some other mods less fun depending on what one is going for.

I use EE in some worlds but taking a break can bring a lot of fun back to the game... and clutter to my inventory and chests.

Last time I saw one of these threads, everyone agreed Sparklefarts mod is OP.

This thread isn't going to go anywhere (see P.A.I.N.S. Volgarenthor vs that other guy) so the bottom line is that mods are like ice cream flavors - everyone has a favorite and ones they don't like. Strawberry is the best, and Chocolate is gross.

EDIT: Heres the thread where people got most of the EE debate out of the way: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/in-defense-of-equivalent-exchange.4520/

The topic has been done to death, brought back to life, killed again, resurrected using necromancy, defeated once again etc, a numberless quantity of time.

I love how you didn't mention the single thing that makes EE overpowered, energy collectors and relays, anyway.

: EE is overpowered. Why? Because you can just duplicate whatever you want.

A: EE does allow you to duplicate whatever you want, but at a great cost to you. While it doesn't take me, or anyone I know, to long to make an energy condenser, it does cost a hefty amount of resources.

The armor is silly and I don't care at all. So I will only address this point, the one that matters for making a server actually run.

Collectors and condensers are not expensive, because you can duplicate the materials for collectors and condensers inside of a collector or condenser.

The very first time I tried out EE a couple weeks ago, I read up on all the wiki pages, and then I proceeded to make a collector and condenser in about half an hour of gameplay, starting from scratch on an SMP server. I attached this to an area with a world anchor, and then logged off.

I came back a day later, and spent maybe another half an hour taking my stacks of diamonds and condensing them into more collectors and condensers. Then I logged off.

Two days later, I logged on, and after 1 total hour of time invested, from the moment I began empty handed, I had 30 stacks of diamonds.

That is what people mean by EE being overpowered. It is objectively true. If you still have fun anyway, good for you, keep doing what you're doing. But if you believe EE is not OP, you are simply wrong. It is several orders of magnitude faster at getting things than any other plugin or mod for time invested. That is basically the definition of OP.

The topic has been done to death, brought back to life, killed again, resurrected using necromancy, defeated once again etc, a numberless quantity of time.

I love how you didn't mention the single thing that makes EE overpowered, energy collectors and relays, anyway.

energy collectors and relays are weak compared to other EMC generation methods. And that's the problem really, the most OP thing about EE is how it interacts with other mods. With a little bit of RedPower, you can generate EMC several magnitudes faster with less resources than a mk3 power flower.

But really, the tools are kind of OP as well, such as the divining rod that takes no energy, the swiftwolfs that takes almost no energy, the dark/red matter tools that are indestructible and take no energy, etc.

Your Gem Armor-Quantum Armor comparisons are very poorly done.

Gem Armor: It doesnt absorb ALL damage, however the only way you would ever get damage is if someone deals you 980 Hearts in a SINGLE HIT, which only happens trough Nukes or Charged Creepers.

Perma Sprint, Jetpack-Alike fly, Lightning, Explosion, Unbreakable.

Quantum Armor: It absorbs all damage, but will run out of energy (Not break) after a while (How much time does it take to deal 267K of damage to someone?)

Perma Sprint, 8 Blocks Jump, Hunger-Restauration, Giantic amounts of energy, Rechargeable.

In a long, but i mean LONG battle, Gem would win, since Quantum Armor only absorbs 267K of damage before needing to be recharged. (Who ever battles that long?). Quantum will only deal damage with Nukes, but Gem armor can just fly away or use explosion power and super speed to go all the way down to bedrock before nuke detonates.

Also, if something had to remove from EE, would be Collectors. They just break the whole X for X thing, they make items not from air, but from light, and they arent THAT hard to make, with an bunch of MKI, you can pretty much make diamonds from thin light.

energy collectors and relays are weak compared to other EMC generation methods. And that's the problem really, the most OP thing about EE is how it interacts with other mods. With a little bit of RedPower, you can generate EMC several magnitudes faster with less resources than a mk3 power flower.

But really, the tools are kind of OP as well, such as the divining rod that takes no energy, the swiftwolfs that takes almost no energy, the dark/red matter tools that are indestructible and take no energy, etc.

Deployer+Cow+Condenser=Diamond Factory.

Geothermal Generator+Condenser+MKI Collector=Infinite Energy.

By the way, Dark and Red Matter dont need energy by theirselves, but their special powers do, and lots. Swiftwolf takes almost no energy? Fly for 30 mins and it consume my whole fully charged omega.

Deployer+Cow+Condenser=Diamond Factory.

Geothermal Generator+Condenser+MKI Collector=Infinite Energy.

By the way, Dark and Red Matter dont need energy by theirselves, but their special powers do, and lots. Swiftwolf takes almost no energy? Fly for 30 mins and it consume my whole fully charged omega.

As far as I know only the hammer special uses energy. The pickaxe and shovel definitely do not. Not sure about the others.

And you must be doing something other than flying, because I can fly for hours on one medium-grade klein star. Maybe you have the forcefield on? That takes about as much energy as you say you're using.