Your Opinion on the New Placements for Stairs/H-Bricks

Nethaufer

I'm pretty sure the title is self explanatory. The recent update for Minecraft has allowed stairs and h-bricks to be placed on the ceiling, and in the stair's case, upside down. This both allows for higher resolution bit art, and for better diagonal construction.

I myself have no opinion as of yet, but for those of you who have actually played vanilla since the last update, I would like to hear your opinion.

• Forum Administrators

Pointless since I use RedPower. I've been able to do this with quarter blocks and quarter double-length blocks the whole time. Then again, I suppose all Minecraft updates are pointless because I don't play Minecraft anymore, I just play Technic/Tekkit.

Pointless since I use RedPower. I've been able to do this with quarter blocks and quarter double-length blocks the whole time. Then again, I suppose all Minecraft updates are pointless because I don't play Minecraft anymore, I just play Technic/Tekkit.

this. exactly this. :P

I don't play vanilla anymore, just when vanilla actually started to get boring, I found technic, completely no-lifing it ever since.

I'm pretty sure the title is self explanatory. The recent update for Minecraft has allowed stairs and h-bricks to be placed on the ceiling, and in the stair's case, upside down. This both allows for higher resolution bit art, and for better diagonal construction.

I myself have no opinion as of yet, but for those of you who have actually played vanilla since the last update, I would like to hear your opinion.

I guess I am one of the last vanilla players here. XP

I think it could defiantly aid in better looking vanilla buildings. Since people already have been using blocks in ways notch and jeb would never thing of, like stairs for roofs and such. The new lamps are nice as well (Useless for technic due to redpower lights) are nice as well and it looks like we might get a desert structure next update as hieroglyphs have been found hiding in the terrain and that strange desert well is still around. Vanilla does get boring sometimes but then i have SMP servers i can visit, I could fire up AC or ZC, install a mod like the aether, Grab an adventure map, or, of course, play technic/tekkit/yogbox. I still try and replay vanilla every so often, after you have been away for a while some of the fun can return (plus the challenge when you have been playing modes that make stuff easier).

PS: Kaker, Mods in general make most minecraft updates pointless since 99% of the time if the people want it then it gets added in some mod, and usually a vastly superior version of it to (redpower allows a lot more size options and placements, the piston mod let pistons launch entities).

I just love how mods keep making minecraft more interesting.

Great example: Computer craft

I absolutely love it, I mean you can't ask to have it implemented in Vanilla, that'd be crazy. Still it's so awesome, it really puts a whole new aspect to the game.

But back on topic

I do think it's great that they add these little changes in minecraft. I would prefer to see them work on the API but that's already taken care of. It's just these small changes that make some stuff just a little better looking.

I'm pretty sure you didn't get them back in 1.8. But who am I?

Behold I come with answers from the great tree of knowledge (or the Minecraft wiki).

"Before 1.9pre6, upon destroying the block after placement, it would yield only one of the original material." -http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Stairs.

I think they have had that function since then too, I tried on Technic (since it is still 1.1) and I got stairs back.