ICBM Mod

TomZ3

The ICBM mod is something that i have recently discovered, It adds many new weapons to the game, including missiles, grenades and bombs. Please take some time to quickly look at the forum page, i believe this should be included in Tekkit!!! Help to make the tekkit pack owners see this!!! http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1206144-132-icbm-missiles-and-military-tech-80000-downloads/

I think it is very much overpowered, and would not add to gameplay value.

Specifically, the ability to just dial in a coordinate and blow something up. That eliminates the need to use most of the high end pvp options in tekkit, like sensors, frame airships, etc., and replaces them with a much more simplistic and less fun/challenging alternative.

Additionally, the fact that it runs on an entirely new power system is confusing, and wouldn't work into the tekkit world very well, unless it came along with an additional mod for converting between IC power and ICBM power. Which, as far as I know, does not yet exist.

I think it is very much overpowered, and would not add to gameplay value.

Specifically, the ability to just dial in a coordinate and blow something up. That eliminates the need to use most of the high end pvp options in tekkit, like sensors, frame airships, etc., and replaces them with a much more simplistic and less fun/challenging alternative.

Additionally, the fact that it runs on an entirely new power system is confusing, and wouldn't work into the tekkit world very well, unless it came along with an additional mod for converting between IC power and ICBM power. Which, as far as I know, does not yet exist.

Gav, it's not because there are missiles in the game that frame airships are completely obsolete. If missile launchers are compatible with Frames, and I think they are, I could very well imagine a cool flying missile platform that moves around where destruction is needed. Plus, a missile flying around is much cooler than a turtle placing a cobble block, a nuke and a redstone torch in mid-air, or a TNT-nuke launcher, if you ask me. Moreover, missiles are actually counter able, making them actually less OP than other Tekkit options.

It is also worth noting that the ability to target any point on the map would server to vastly increase the value of having a portable base. particularly (as noted above) if frame ships could mount missiles. besides, it is another resource sink and it is always good to have those in late game tekkit

• 4 months later...

I dont see how its overpowered. We alredy have nuclear bombs. Its understood that you can type a cordnate and blow it up, but its also chemical and biological warfare. Its great for war servers. If someone doesn't like it on their server then they can disable it.

I think it would be epic if my city's military had these weapons. It would help with our defence and our operations.