Dupe Glitch Problem

Lorus111

Hi People of Tekkit Forums,

OK, so i have a small Tekkit server that me and all my friends join, but one of my friends (lets call him Fred) has been duping items. I've managed to stop him before but somehow hes started doing it again. I don't want to ban him, hes my friend, i just want to foil his evil duping.

The Items i have already disabled are:

Energy Condenser

Transmutation Table + Tablet

Black hole band

Void ring

RM Furnace

Alchemy Chest

Patched the CC disk drive

I've done a few Internet searches for dupe glitches, but come up with nothing new.

I know it Isn't anything to do with pistons as he has been duping things like food, RM, Phil stone, etc. Does anyone know of other dupe glitches that i haven't patched or have any ideas on how he is doing it? Fred must be stopped!

Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Thanks

there seams to be a dupe bug with alchemical bags.

If you have multiple bags of the same colour and a void band or gem of something density in them and you pick up an item i creates a copy of that item for each bag.

there is also a thread in the forum about that but cant find it :/

EDit: Found the thread http://technicpack.net/forums/threads/ee-dupe-bug.20528/page-2#post-179810

OK, so i looked through all of his stuff, (server is shut down for the night) and found that he has 4 alchemy bags, 2 white, 2 black.

He does not have a void ring or black hole band as they are disabled, (I checked just to make sure) he doesn't have a gem of eternal density either. He does have a Soul Stone but AFAIK there is no dupe glitch involving them.

Maybe I should disable Alchemy bags and see if that stops him?

Thanks for the quick reply

I don't think so, ever since he duped items the first time I've been keeping an eye on him.

He went from having almost nothing to safes full of RM, DM, Diamonds, Food, Iron Ore, Uranium, In a couple of hours.

He even has two Enchanted bows with the exact same enchantment and damage.

I just figured it out.

His Alchemy bags appeared to have nothing in them, but i just realised that every player has different bags.

So i copied his bag_fred.dat file and renamed it to bag_lorus111.bat then opened the Alchemy bag

to find that he had somehow obtained a black hole band. I probably missed it the first time i confiscated his duped stuff.

Problamo solved!

If you use PEX, try setting...

- -modifyworld.items.have.(27532|27532:*|27593|27593:*)

This will cause the items to be dropped/disappear if they are found in the inventory (not sure if it works in alchemy bags, will have to test.... also note my regex syntax might be off, don't have the permissions.yml open in front of me).

We're having mixed luck with it, but I think most of it has to do with some flubs I've made in the permissions.yml (stuff will work on test, but not live.... somehow I made a group a member of a member, can't seem to revert it... might need to take a scalpel to the permissions.yml).

For giggles, here's the Member group -modifyworld list....

- -modifyworld.items.craft.(27593|27593:*|214|179|27532|27532:*)

- -modifyworld.items.use.(27526|27526:*|27583|27583:*|27531|27531:*|27530|27530:*).*

- -modifyworld.blocks.place.(237|128)

To break it down it...

• stops them from making Black Hole Bands/Void Rings/World Anchors/Teleport Tethers (we're using Dimensional Anchors to regulate how many chunks users are allowed to keep loaded... seems easier atm; admin give out the world anchor cart if someone wants to run a tunnel machine or something)
  • stops them from using Philospher's Stone, Eventide Amulet (still get water breathing), Volcanite Amulet (still get lava proof), and Mercurial Eye.
  • prevents placement of the Alchemy Chest (noted some duplication despite fix, leaving it off for now) and nukes.

• 6 months later...

There is 2 others that i know of the second is not well known but its an even bigger duper than the rm furnace itself.

1:the tank cart able to do exactly what the rm furnace does

2: the mk 2 crafting table and the block breaker are used to dupe ANYTHING it doesn't even have to be stackable it just doubles it endlessly including stack so it will turn 1 stack of rm to 2 stack and 2 stacks to 4 stack and so on

Edit: oh ya and i forgot to mention that the philosipherstone and all automatic crafting tables can craft banned item.

( pls say if this helped ) ;)

Edit 2: sry for late reply