Nuclear power plant [Screens + Video]

Avalkiz

So this is a working, kinda safe nuclear power plant that my friend and I have built on a Tekkit server.

Maximum power output to HV lines (with all MFSU sets charged) - ~50000EU/t

Maximum power output from reactors (to charge the MFSU sets) - 2x2000EU/t

Battery sets: 8 sets of 10 MFSUs

java-2012-09-06-12-52-24-61_3513129.jpg

Power plant.

java-2012-09-06-12-52-35-98_3513141.jpg

Cooling towers

java-2012-09-06-12-54-03-57_3513145.jpg

Control room (1)

java-2012-09-06-12-54-10-65_3513146.jpg

Control room (2)

java-2012-09-06-12-54-50-28_3513169.jpg

Some of the RedPower stuff behind the control room

java-2012-09-06-12-54-55-22_3513171.jpg

Batteries

java-2012-09-06-12-55-05-69_3513173.jpg

Random corridor

java-2012-09-06-12-55-18-53_3513175.jpg

Ice injection systems

java-2012-09-06-12-55-39-61_3513179.jpg

Entrance to the reactor I

java-2012-09-06-12-55-46-97_3513184.jpg

Reactor I

A video (With Polish commentary starting at around 1:00)

http://www.youtube.c...ature=g-all-lik

Planet Minecraft submission:

http://www.planetmin...-plant-1395474/

0_0 Dayum!

How are you keeping the reactors filled? What pipe setup do you have?

We have 2 ice injection systems for the reactors. First - manual, injects a stack of ice into the reactor each 0,5 seconds. We use that during startups of the reactors and in emergency situations. Second, automatic, injects a stack of ice into the reactors each 8 seconds, if the temperature is higher than 100 (most of the time, it just prevents it from injecting ice when the reactor is shut down). In both systems, if the reactor is filled or if not a whole stack could fit into the reactor, the extra ice goes to an incinerator.

An energy condenser with single energy collector MK3 provides basically infinite source of ice.

An energy condenser with single energy collector MK3 provides basically infinite source of ice.

Sorry, but that totally ruins it for me right there.

The coolest parts of reactor systems are usually the cooling systems and the breeder systems, both of which you've thrown out by using EE. Making this essentially just a reactor + a condenser, in a pretty building, without any of the actual creative or difficult work. Yawn.

If you're just gonna use EE to make your power sources and cooling, then you could have replaced this entire setup with just a big bank of 200 geothermals in a wall for like 1/20th the resources and the space usage, probably, and then EE lava cells.....

Sorry, but that totally ruins it for me right there.

The coolest parts of reactor systems are usually the cooling systems and the breeder systems, both of which you've thrown out by using EE. Making this essentially just a reactor + a condenser, in a pretty building, without any of the actual creative or difficult work. Yawn.

If you're just gonna use EE to make your power sources and cooling, then you could have replaced this entire setup with just a big bank of 200 geothermals in a wall for like 1/20th the resources and the space usage, probably, and then EE lava cells.....

We're going to build a breeder in a basement too, at the moment we have enough uranium. And what cooling systems? Using coolant cells and integrated heat dispersers? Those are useful only in setups that can produce up to 120EU/t. More than this will cause the coolants to slowly die. We're producing over 2000EU/t from one reactor, so ice cooling was necessary. EE is just used to supply the systems with ice.

No like, compressing your own ice from water with pumps and things like that, and doing so as efficiently as possible and with pipe systems that won't get jammed and cause your reactor to explode, etc. That = like 80% of the engineering difficulty usually in a non-EE reactor design.

Instead of all that with power supplies and pumps and multiple parallel production lines and efficient jam-proof feeder systems, etc., you just have.... a collector, a condenser, and a filter. >.> Not exciting at all. A turtle could design that reactor.

I mean don't get me wrong, it's a pretty building, but the mechanism shows us nothing new or creative or all that interesting. Just like 4 blocks + a reactor.

AND if you're using EE, then you can just condense uranium too, so you are under no pressure to actually have systems that pull out depleted uranium precisely and shuffle them to and from breeders, etc., since you can just EE more uranium instead.

If you want your breeder in the basement to actually be impressive or interesting, please make sure that it actually automatically grabs depleted cells from the main reactor, enriches them, and replaces them without manual intereference. Otherwise its just one more 4 blocks + reactor with no real creativity involved.

You mean I have been beating the crap out of my snowman for ice blocks and I could of cheated... damn

Well snowmen are also kinda cheaty. I use them myself if I just want power with no frills, BUT they aren't really interesting or challenging enough to be making forum posts about, is my point.

Ah yes, you can create snow in a compressor by putting in water cells or water buckets. You would want to use water buckets, cause with cells, the tin gets consumed permanently, which is dumb.

Then if you put snowballs back into a compressor again, you can ice!

Singularity compressors use vastly less energy per ice than regular ones. If using typical compressors with overclockers, you would end up using up most of your reactor's energy just on making the ice. but singularity ones use 3 EU/t no matter how much stuff they compress.

Ah yes, you can create snow in a compressor by putting in water cells or water buckets. You would want to use water buckets, cause with cells, the tin gets consumed permanently, which is dumb.

Then if you put snowballs back into a compressor again, you can ice!

Singularity compressors use vastly less energy per ice than regular ones. If using typical compressors with overclockers, you would end up using up most of your reactor's energy just on making the ice. but singularity ones use 3 EU/t no matter how much stuff they compress.

1. Attaching a compressor to an IC2 pump will directly create snowballs, no need for water cells.

2. Singularity compressors do use less EU per operation, but it's not 3 EU/t, it's 16 EU/t without overclocking.

2. Singularity compressors do use less EU per operation, but it's not 3 EU/t, it's 16 EU/t without overclocking.

>.> Does nobody ever test things before handing out incorrect facts anymore?

It is 3 Eu/tick. Go try it yourself. Spin up a rotary macerator, then disconnect everything but 3 solar panels. You will be able to macerate all day long no power loss.

And not only is it 3 Eu/tick, but it is STILL 3 Eu/tick with up to 20 overclockers. Again, actually tested this myself. You may be able to put on even more than 20 overclockers but it took too long for me to care to test.

This: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al9yx7D_ef7vdEUtSzd0Ymh5VlBxdkR3VWZBaDBFNUE#gid=0

From this thread: http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=4907

Says that the Rotary Macerator should cost more than 3 EU/t when overclocked.

I just logged in to try it. Sure the Rotary Macerator will spin up with only 3 solar panels feeding it, and with a Tin Ore in it, it would start to turn it to dust, but the second I dropped in 1 Overclocker, the RPMs started to drop and it would stop. So I think a Rotary Macerator indeed uses > 3 EU/t when overclocked.

I don't care what any of your links may or may not say. Like I said, I just tested it, and it uses 3 Eu/t after being spun up, no matter if its being used or not. Anything that says otherwise is incorrect.

I just logged in to try it. Sure the Rotary Macerator will spin up with only 3 solar panels feeding it, and with a Tin Ore in it, it would start to turn it to dust, but the second I dropped in 1 Overclocker, the RPMs started to drop and it would stop. So I think a Rotary Macerator indeed uses > 3 EU/t when overclocked.

You didn't read my post carefully enough. Look again:

It is 3 Eu/tick. Go try it yourself. Spin up a rotary macerator, then disconnect everything but 3 solar panels. You will be able to macerate all day long no power loss.

And not only is it 3 Eu/tick, but it is STILL 3 Eu/tick with up to 20 overclockers. Again, actually tested this myself. You may be able to put on even more than 20 overclockers but it took too long for me to care to test.

Critical word emphasized. Advanced machines (except induction furnace) require 3 Eu/tick both to spin up and to operate without overclockers. In order to spin up to a higher rate than the default with overclockers, they will TEMPORARILY require more than 3 Eu/tick, but once spun up, will require only 3 to operate, even with 20 overclockers.

Well snowmen are also kinda cheaty. I use them myself if I just want power with no frills, BUT they aren't really interesting or challenging enough to be making forum posts about, is my point.

Oh double damn. Now I have to kill old coal eyes and build a double compressor setup to make ice.

I'm making buckets of water for the cooling cells, may as well make the ice properly as well.

Bye snowman