Theamazingatheist

Jordyguy

He's threatened women with rape, is a pompous dickbag (a bag of dicks), and is one of those jackasses who claims to "represent" atheists.

He also sympathizes with school age bullies, and derides the people they bully. He's just generally a blight on society.

He's threatened women with rape, is a pompous dickbag (a bag of dicks), and is one of those jackasses who claims to "represent" atheists.

He also sympathizes with school age bullies, and derides the people they bully. He's just generally a blight on society.

Give me the link to the video. He was molested as a child and bullied. Back up your arguments with evidence. Please avoid using phrases like dickbag because I don't know what you mean by a bag of dildo's.

Give me the link to the video. He was molested as a child and bullied. Back up your arguments with evidence. Please avoid using phrases like dickbag because I don't know what you mean by a bag of dildo's.

It wasn't a video, it was a redit page. http://www.reddit.com/r/MensRights/comments/pfejx/i_love_how_the_whiny_feminist_morality_brigade/c3p2bki?context=3

Almost all of his posts have been removed. I'm assuming it was by him, because reddit has a history of patting rapists on the back.

However, this article has a small list of the things he said in that discussion. http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2012/02/08/the-not-so-amazing-atheist-self-immolates/

I don't give a rats ass what someones history is, it doesn't excuse you from poor behavior.

I fail to see the point of this 'discussion' thread. It's obviously meant to be bait for someone to derail it into a flame war.

In any case, I see theamazingatheist as the polar opposite to The Femitheist. Both are extremes in opposite directions (Neither of which would work, as it is with all extremes and extremists), both have hate for the other gender, and both misrepresent the larger moderates of their 'groups (ie Femitheist 'representing' feminism and theamazingatheist 'representing' atheism).'

I'd go into more detail, but honestly I don't see the point of it. You can research yourself and find my reasoning, and I've stated my opinion (And you don't need basis for an opinion).

I fail to see the point of this 'discussion' thread. It's obviously meant to be bait for someone to derail it into a flame war.

In any case, I see theamazingatheist as the polar opposite to The Femitheist. Both are extremes in opposite directions (Neither of which would work, as it is with all extremes and extremists), both have hate for the other gender, and both misrepresent the larger moderates of their 'groups (ie Femitheist 'representing' feminism and theamazingatheist 'representing' atheism).'

I'd go into more detail, but honestly I don't see the point of it. You can research yourself and find my reasoning, and I've stated my opinion (And you don't need basis for an opinion).

Ugh... why did you have to make me look up the femitheist? That was creepy beyond belief.

It wasn't a video, it was a redit page. http://www.reddit.com/r/MensRights/comments/pfejx/i_love_how_the_whiny_feminist_morality_brigade/c3p2bki?context=3

Almost all of his posts have been removed. I'm assuming it was by him, because reddit has a history of patting rapists on the back.

However, this article has a small list of the things he said in that discussion. http://freethoughtblogs.com/pharyngula/2012/02/08/the-not-so-amazing-atheist-self-immolates/

I don't give a rats ass what someones history is, it doesn't excuse you from poor behavior.

Sorry but those feminists are rats, those idiots get away with a whole ton of sexist offensive shit. They are the problem, theamazingathiest is a good person. He talks more sense then all you other yanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSDje8ML1GU Probably a redneck but still.

Did you honestly read those quotes, and still say that he's a good guy?

EDIT: Also, strawman. If you want to criticize feminists for saying sexist shit, do it, but don't pretend that the fact that some feminists do it too, exonerates him for the sexist shit HE says.

She doesn't need to. It's self-evident.

I'm interested. I'm sure he's a pompous sexist douchebag. That seems undeniable. All I can see when he is on video is all the awful hair above his fat neck waving around as he shouts. He doesn't have to yell and swear his speech but that's the way he gets views and I cant argue with that. I listened to the whole thing because he was a big loud idiot who I expected to laugh at during the video. He knows exactly what he's doing. He's stirring up shit and being loud and contrary and it's making him popular or at least infamous, which as far as the internet is concerned both are super legit ways to make money and/or secure your spot in e-history.

Also at least in the video in the OP he makes some interesting points as he's yelling and some I could agree with. Of course I'd never heard of him before this thread so that's the only video I've seen. I'm assuming his other shit is way more insane and controversial? All that he's really saying(yelling) in this one is that politicians don't always have their priorities straight, are more worried about looking good and saying the right things for the next election then using the time they have, and that Americans in general have become fixated on bullshit hot topics and unwilling to make sacrifices but still demand positive change in a country extremely far in debt. Change as long as they don't have to lift their own fingers or spend their own dollars. This is true of more places then just the states as well, but it's more pronounced there because of their political system.

I mean I can't disagree with him there. That's pretty standard shit and has been true longer then youtube has been a place to scream into a camera.

Of course if this thread is just to say what you like or dislike about some guy on youtube then ok: He is a loud douchebag.

Well to be fair, its not hard to be right about certain things. It IS hard to be right about everything.

However, I would say that the absolute least anyone can do is get all their facts right.

For example, to say going to the moon again is a stupid idea because it would be a waste of taxpayers money is completely false*, and therefore you aren't really entitled to swing your opinion dick everywhere. And I still say your opinion is wrong.

To say going to the moon is a stupid idea because the thousands of high-tech jobs created will actually go to overseas workers (From an American perspective) is entirely valid. So you can swing your opinion dick everywhere. But I still say your opinion is wrong.

*The US would receive stupid amounts of money in overseas investment, and from selling the new technologies that would arise. The moon is profitable, baby!

My big problem with him isn't even that he doesn't get everything right. It's that when he gets things wrong, he gets them spectacularly wrong, and it always seems to be things involving treating people respectfully. (kinda funny coming from me, aint it?)

it always seems to be things involving treating people respectfully. (kinda funny coming from me, aint it?)

Well, let's do Jay?'s mental checklist, shall we? :D

Is Jay? :

1. A nasty shouty person?

2. A bigot of worrying proportions?

3. Targeting social groups with little experience with them?

4. Insane?

5. Living in the wrong era?

6. A moderator in a forum containing a plethora of all the problems above?

You need not worry about contradicting yourself here. :D

Is Jay? :

1. A nasty shouty person? Check

2. A bigot of worrying proportions? (I am assured that my "proportions" are just fine)

3. Targeting social groups with little experience with them? Check

4. Insane? Check

5. Living in the wrong era? Check

6. A moderator in a forum containing a plethora of all the problems above? Check

We're... disturbingly similar actually.

My big problem with him isn't even that he doesn't get everything right. It's that when he gets things wrong, he gets them spectacularly wrong, and it always seems to be things involving treating people respectfully. (kinda funny coming from me, aint it?)

Treating people who are disrespectful idiots how they treat others isn't wrong. It's what they deserve and frankly it is (As we have seen) often the best thing for them and their self-improvement.

Treating people who are perfectly lucid, polite, and reasonable is wrong. And that is where the difference (And a damn important one at that) lies, setting aside all other catagories including beliefs, sanity, etc.

Jay? is a wonderfully abnormal person (As are most people here, and I mean that in the nicest way), while TheAmazingAtheist is just an abnormal person.

Edit:

(I am assured that my "proportions" are just fine)

Either I'm being a(n) pervert idiot after just coming home from work, or Jay? is making a joke.

I am subbed to him, because I agree with him on some of the things he says, he also makes things a bit interesting. He is married to a woman, I doubt he would be sexist unless he is in some strange hypocritical conspiracy. He could still be sexist, but him being married makes it less likely.

I have to say I agree with TAA about 80-85% of the time. At least he is a unique Youtuber, and not another PhillyD or RWJ.

Frankly I think he is just an asshat for ratings; instead of being a polite reasonable person stating their beliefs (Setting aside whether I agree with him or not), he's a raving lunatic who hates on everyone who even remotely disagrees with him. This stirring of the pot, as it were, is more interesting to 'the masses' than a polite debate with one side stating their beliefs, the other stating theirs, each giving rebuttals, then they're done.

People who are looking for that are either already doing that themselves or already have found an obscure channel or other niche on the internet to get that.

However, those other/obscure channels/niches don't attract what TAA often does: People who share (At least most of) his beliefs but don't feel strongly enough to sit through 20 minutes of boring discussion and debate that doesn't really give too much more than affirmation of one's own beliefs. He gives them a little show to sit through, someone to laugh at, laugh with, get mad at, get mad with, etc. while simultaneously providing insight and/or affirmation upon his viewers' beliefs.

Honestly this is speculation, however, and I've never seen or met him in reality, so I can't presume to know how his daily life goes, but I speculate it's rather normal in the grand scheme of things, and his internet asshattery is all a show.

That and I know he and I share the name (In reality) TJ.

I'm interested. I'm sure he's a pompous sexist douchebag. That seems undeniable. All I can see when he is on video is all the awful hair above his fat neck waving around as he shouts. He doesn't have to yell and swear his speech but that's the way he gets views and I cant argue with that. I listened to the whole thing because he was a big loud idiot who I expected to laugh at during the video. He knows exactly what he's doing. He's stirring up shit and being loud and contrary and it's making him popular or at least infamous, which as far as the internet is concerned both are super legit ways to make money and/or secure your spot in e-history.

Also at least in the video in the OP he makes some interesting points as he's yelling and some I could agree with. Of course I'd never heard of him before this thread so that's the only video I've seen. I'm assuming his other shit is way more insane and controversial? All that he's really saying(yelling) in this one is that politicians don't always have their priorities straight, are more worried about looking good and saying the right things for the next election then using the time they have, and that Americans in general have become fixated on bullshit hot topics and unwilling to make sacrifices but still demand positive change in a country extremely far in debt. Change as long as they don't have to lift their own fingers or spend their own dollars. This is true of more places then just the states as well, but it's more pronounced there because of their political system.

I mean I can't disagree with him there. That's pretty standard shit and has been true longer then youtube has been a place to scream into a camera.

Of course if this thread is just to say what you like or dislike about some guy on youtube then ok: He is a loud douchebag.

Well said... VERY well said, I was thinking the exact same thing in different wording, such as he makes some valid points blah, blah, blah