[3.1.2] Machinecraft [PvM] [100 slots] Under Construction!

Slayernater

Welcome to Machinecraft!

I'm looking for cool-headed, laid back builders who are willing to put time and effort into not just their own builds, but community builds as well.

A little technical info:

Servers :

IBM x366 - Main server for running all server-side software for Minecraft

CPU - 4x Xeon 7040 @ 3.66Ghz

RAM - 16Gb ECC DDR2 PC2-3200

Nic - Dual Ethernet 10/100/1000

HDD - 2x 73.4gb SAS 10,000rpm ( Running RAID 1)

HP DL320 - MySQL server

CPU - Pentium 4 @ 3.06Ghz

RAM - 4Gb ECC DDR PC2100

Nic - Dual Ethernet 10/100/100

HDD - 1x 200Gb SATA 7200rpm

Custom Desktop - Backup server

CPU - Core i7 940 @ 2.93Ghz

RAM - Corsair 12gb DDR3 1600

HDD - 4x 500gb SATA 7200rpm ( Running RAID 5 )

All servers are run in house, and I have complete control/access to all. Up-time is expected to be 24/7, with some obvious downtime for issues that arise. Please report any lag problems, and specify an area if its localized to a certain region.

The server is generally a pretty standard Tekkit server, we are currently working on a community town, as spawn has been mostly finished. We are still pretty low brow in terms of population, but that will change rapidly in the coming months.

Here are some pictures of community builds.

2012-11-01_153749.png

Spawn Mall in all its glory.

2012-11-01_153814.png

Inside spawn mall.

2012-11-01_153339.png

Our new public Railway system! (WIP)

2012-11-02_014618_2.png

The selector statation for the railway system. (WIP)

2012-11-01_153206.png

Urgicorp Manufacturing

2012-11-02_012848.png

Our new GLOBAL timer system! No more lag related to tons of timers at random intervals.

2012-11-01_153601.png

A resource generation system.

2012-11-02_014845.png

A power plant built by a couple regulars on the server.

2012-11-02_015242.png

Inside the power plant.

Our ranking system (changing slightly soon)

Owner: This is my group. I am the only one that is able to promote you past the General group level.

Admin: These are the staff that will be answering most questions from players, and have access to most commands. An admin is needed to promote you to the General group.

Moderators: Lowest level staff, these staff members can do basic server level commands, such as kick, and jail. Moderators can give you build rights, and add you do the Newbie group.

General: Trusted members will be promoted to this group after they are trusted by staff.

Newbie: Players will start in this group, after being approved for whitelist, and build rights. (to be added soon)

Default: No build rights, not able to leave spawn.

List of plugins:

Essentials: Used for a slew of staff commands and player commands alike.

LogBlock: Used to log all blocks changed by all players and environments.

LWC: Used for protecting blocks. All Tekkit machines are protected.

Mobile Admin: Only I have access to this, and I always have an eye on my server.

NoItem: Used to block certain items.

Tekkit Restrict: Used to fix certain exploits and glitches from tekkit.

Worldedit: Only Admins, and I have access to this, and its only used for fixing problems.

WorldGuard: Used for protecting areas, access will be granted after member is trusted, and can prove its needed.

IP : Machinecraft.selfip.com

machinecraftbanner_zpsa4f05ca6.jpg

machinecraftbanner2_zpsb238710b.jpg

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Username : PirateCoffee

Country/Timezone: GMT (UK)

Years playing Minecraft : 2 Years

Previous op/mod experience? : Yeah.

What you feel you can contribute : I'm a good team player! I'm fair and i respect people's privacy, I don't wind people up. I don't troll or grief. I'm a MATURE teenager.

Time you can contribute to the server : 4-6 Hours a Day.

Do you have any Mysql, Java, or HTML experience? How many years? : Nope.

Other information you feel may be pertinent : None.

Username : Supadupa2

Country/Timezone: Belgium gmt+1

Years playing Minecraft : 0,23

Previous op/mod experience? : no interest

What you feel you can contribute : I'm awesome.

Time you can contribute to the server : depends on my schedule, can be alot a week, or nothing

Do you have any Mysql, Java, or HTML experience? How many years? : i used to be an engineer but havent practiced in the last decade

Other information you feel may be pertinent : i'm looking for a nice community and would prefere to communicate through teamspeak.

Username : pavwo

Country/Timezone: GMT, London

Years playing Minecraft : Since 1.5, tekkit about 5-8 months.

Previous op/mod experience? : yes, A bit on vanilla server.

What you feel you can contribute : I can work with people well. I like building things, mostly technical things.

Time you can contribute to the server : If I get accepted and I like the community probably all my free time :)

Do you have any Mysql, Java, or HTML experience? How many years? : No

Other information you feel may be pertinent : I like apples!

Username : Chris97b

Country/Timezone: USA CST (-6)

Years playing Minecraft : 1 yr / 6 mo. in Tekkit

Previous op/mod experience? : sorta. I've run vanilla and Tekkit servers in the past for my personal use.

What you feel you can contribute : I have fairly good knowledge and experience in Minecraft and Tekkit; as well as extensive experience with the backend of Minecraft servers

Time you can contribute to the server : average around 2-4 hours most weekdays, more on weekends

Do you have any Mysql, Java, or HTML experience? How many years? : 5 yrs of PHP/MySQL (including HTML), 8 years as a sysadmin for LAMP environments.

Other information you feel may be pertinent : Velociraptors are key - I sincerely hope this is an XKCD reference :D

Username : Eyrok

Country/Timezone: UK/GMT

Years playing Minecraft : Several, lost count.

Previous op/mod experience? : Well spoken of as a moderator/creative mode city builder on a previous server I helped build up.

What you feel you can contribute : Skill in most areas of tekkit, experience with building public transport networks and community structures, level-headed negotiator.

Time you can contribute to the server : Variable, in between sixth form, coursework and driving lessons.

Do you have any Mysql, Java, or HTML experience? How many years? : Nope, nope, nope. Er, sorry.

Other information you feel may be pertinent : I'm seeking to build up a neutral organisation to help with transportation and arbitration. But mostly, I just want to build railways.

Username : korty

Country/Timezone: UTC -7

Years playing Minecraft : Since alpha 1.1. (don't know the exact years)

Previous op/mod experience? : yes

What you feel you can contribute : I can help people out with almost anything :) Also I'm a nice guy to talk to.

Time you can contribute to the server : Depends on school honestly. Weekend a lot tho. Weekdays it all depends. :P

Do you have any Mysql, Java, or HTML experience? How many years? : basically no but I know I TINY BIT. 2 weeks.

Other information you feel may be pertinent : I'm super awesome and will build epic stuff on your server no doubt. :)

Username : GreenRaver

Country/Timezone: USA/GMT - 6

Years playing Minecraft : 3 years

Previous op/mod experience? : yes

What you feel you can contribute : a nice person who doesn't spend all there time complaining

Time you can contribute to the server : 30 min - 1hr weekday maybe all day on weekends

Do you have any Mysql, Java, or HTML experience? How many years? : java about 1 years worth but not that good I'm still learning in comp prog right now

Other information you feel may be pertinent : i don't know what Velociraptors are so this is kinda hard to answer

Username : Phumeuphong

Country/Timezone: US Pacific Coast Time Zone

Years playing Minecraft : 2 years

Previous op/mod experience? : yes I have helped many servers

What you feel you can contribute : I can contribute nice builds and start a nice community

Time you can contribute to the server : About 1 hour a day give or take of my schedule

Do you have any Mysql, Java, or HTML experience? How many years? : no I dont have that much of any of that
experience
D:

Other information you feel may be pertinent : I'm a good leader.

Thanks for reading my application and hope to see you guys online
:D

Username : Hailstorm4

Country/Timezone: UK/GMT +0

Years playing Minecraft : nearly 1 year

Previous op/mod experience? : No

What you feel you can contribute : Building/General Tekkit stuff

Time you can contribute to the server : 1-3 hours most days

Do you have any Mysql, Java, or HTML experience? How many years? : Sorry no experience

Other information you feel may be pertinent : I love stone bricks

Username : Joshey8555

Country/Timezone: UK/UTC

Years playing Minecraft : since first alpha release.

Previous op/mod experience? : yes owned many a server and has plenty of experience.

What you feel you can contribute : I'm a good build, if you are familiar with the work of topmass and the "pimp my minecraft" team I work with them guys.

Time you can contribute to the server : hmmm hard to say I work on plenty of server and just jump really.

Do you have any Mysql, Java, or HTML experience? How many years? : html and 1 year on and off.

Other information you feel may be pertinent : I'm a boss.

Username : King053

Country/Timezone: Holland gmt+1

Years playing Minecraft : 4 years

Previous op/mod experience? : if have been mod on a server 1 and im still admin on a raiding/faction server right now

What you feel you can contribute : I'm awesome.

Time you can contribute to the server :im looking for a nice community and would prefere to communicate through teamspeak.

Username: coldfire17

Country/Timezone: EST -5

Years playing Minecraft: I have been playing Minecraft since it was in the In-Dev version, so 2.5 - 3 years!

Previous op/mod experience?: Yes! I have ran several servers of my own, managed websites, forums, servers, and more.

What you feel you can contribute: I am indeed pretty awesome. I enjoy the technical side of Tekkit as well as the magical side. I tend to use the technical side more (BC, IC, RP) and then funnel things I get into energy condensers, etc.

Time you can contribute to the server: I can play on weekends for up to 8 hours or more a day, though on weekdays I'll be able to play 4+.

Do you have any Mysql, Java, or HTML experience? How many years?: I have had to deal with MySQL databases while running Minecraft servers and I feel I can hold my own when presented with one. Also while running servers and websites, I have had to learn some HTML. Not too much, but enough to get by on. I have been running Minecraft servers for about 1.5 - 2 years now, which is where this coding experience comes in handy.

Other information you feel may be pertinent: While Velociraptors may be key, I'm partial to the Spinosaurus myself. It has razor sharp teeth, spines on it's back, and weighs almost 10 tons!

Oh, and my name is Mike. Nice to meet you!

Username : Oryon007

Country/Timezone: USA/ GMT -8 (PST)

Years playing Minecraft : I've been playing since early beta versions

Previous op/mod experience? : Yes, I've been and continue to be Mod, Admin, and Owner with various servers.

What you feel you can contribute : I believe that I'm a decent builder and will always look for ways to make the game experience more enjoyable for everyone.

Time you can contribute to the server : 3-4+ hours/day

Do you have any Mysql, Java, or HTML experience? How many years? : I've worked with MySQL for approximately 2 years now, in various iterations of the database. Unfortunately, I don't have much java experience, but I can hold my own when it comes to HTML. :)

Other information you feel may be pertinent : Velociraptors are key, but a T-Rex (if it had lived during the same time period) match-up would be a REALLY COOL site to see! :)

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons