Electricity to EMC, is it possible?

Hidden_paw

My friend runs a small private server and he wants to know if it is possible to turn electricity into EMC, i suggested he ran a Quarry and all the mined resources are put into an Anti-Matter relay to charge a Klein Star of some kind. If its possible then please give me suggestions, im sure he will love to hear them.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess it's not "closed loop." I guess I meant more like "renewable / doesnt require you to keep moving to get new ores"

You could have the condenser produce lava buckets that are then piped into a geothermal generator, which provides power to the mass fab, which produces uu, whoch is turned into glowstone, which is turned into lava buckets.

No you can't because a bucket of lava is like 20,000 or 50,000 or something EU, and it takes 3,000,000 to make lava from UU matter (or 500,000 with scrap, still way too much).

I do believe it is possible to mass fabricate oil (with an oil fabricator) for less than the energy value of a fuel bucket refined from it, but it seems like a pretty silly setup compared to just using a dark room or something (if collectors are banned)

My friend runs a small private server and he wants to know if it is possible to turn electricity into EMC, i suggested he ran a Quarry and all the mined resources are put into an Anti-Matter relay to charge a Klein Star of some kind. If its possible then please give me suggestions, im sure he will love to hear them.

not possible to to it automatically but its possible to get for like example to stuff you don't need like sane, gravel, cobblestone, dirt egtt. and put it in either a energy condesor or a anti-matter relay.

i'd reccomend the relay if your storing the EMC and the Condensor if your directly gonna spend.

Then maybe condense charcoal and burn it a generator? Charcoal has 1/4 the emc value of coal, but burns just as long in a generator.

Yes, this should work. You can make 1 glowstone for about 150,000 EU, which becomes 48 coal, each of which burns about 10 seconds at 10 EU/tick = 196,000 EU gained for 150,000 used (with scrap).

Not terribly efficient, but at least some gain.

Yes, this should work. You can make 1 glowstone for about 150,000 EU, which becomes 48 coal, each of which burns about 10 seconds at 10 EU/tick = 196,000 EU gained for 150,000 used (with scrap).

Not terribly efficient, but at least some gain.

Yes, but use charcoal instead of coal, as charcoal has a lower emc value but burns for the same amount as coal in a generator.

No you can't because a bucket of lava is like 20,000 or 50,000 or something EU, and it takes 3,000,000 to make lava from UU matter (or 500,000 with scrap, still way too much).

I do believe it is possible to mass fabricate oil (with an oil fabricator) for less than the energy value of a fuel bucket refined from it, but it seems like a pretty silly setup compared to just using a dark room or something (if collectors are banned)

He said for the condenser to make lava, not the mass fab.

The condenser could turn the glowstone into lava cell and pump those into a geothermal and so on.

I first constructed a factory that mass produced solar panels, and then I worked on mass fabrication later, Geothermal just simply takes forever to make UU-matter.

and as far as energy condensors go, just set up an anti-matter relay mk3 with several mk3 collectors attached to it and attach it to energy condensor, every spot you can have something connected to it, do it. (Except the back if you are planning on pumping stuff out) I set it up to make more collector mk3 overnight and I came back and there was 38 of them. so I think it works good.

I first constructed a factory that mass produced solar panels, and then I worked on mass fabrication later, Geothermal just simply takes forever to make UU-matter.

and as far as energy condensors go, just set up an anti-matter relay mk3 with several mk3 collectors attached to it and attach it to energy condensor, every spot you can have something connected to it, do it. (Except the back if you are planning on pumping stuff out) I set it up to make more collector mk3 overnight and I came back and there was 38 of them. so I think it works good.

1) Mark 3 collectors are pointless in tekkit, because they are almost twice as INefficient per EMC invested as Mark 1 collectors

2) This is a thread about making EMC out of industrialcraft energy, so collectors is not an answer to the OP's question...

Ok, all of you guys are officially too dependent on Energy Collectors. It makes me glad that they are banned on the server I play on.

I have a MUCH better solution that does not involve Energy Collectors at all, and it starts with a single block of sand. (If you don't have sand, you could start by macerating some, even if the Philosopher's Stone is banned from environmental interaction.)

1. Build a Singularity Compressor.

2. Power it.

3. Put the Sand in the Compressor.

4. Take the Sandstone OUT of the Compresor.

5. Transmute the Sandstone into 4 Sand.

6. Repeat steps 3-5 until you have somewhere between 8 and 64 Sand.

7. Build this setup:

C W P O A

R -- S -- T

E F H,

Where C is a Singularity Compressor,

R is a retriever facing the Compressor with a piece of Sandstone in it,

E is an Energy Condenser with Sand as the target,

F is a Filter with a piece of Sand in it,

H is a Chest of any kind,

S is a Sorting Machine in All Stack Sequential with 1 Sand in one column, with White selected, and 3 Sand in another column with Orange selected,

P is a normal Pneumatic Tube,

W and O are Pneumatic Tubes painted White and Orange, respectively,

A is an Alchemical Chest with a Gem of Eternal Density, or another Energy Condenser (this is where the output will go)

T is a Timer set to the lowest interval,

and -- is Redstone or Red Alloy Wire.

In addition, Redstone should be placed on top of the Retriever and the Filter, connecting them to the Timer; The Retriever should be powered by Blue Alloy Wires or an RP Batbox directly; W, the White Pneumatic Tube, should in fact be placed above P at a right-angle to O, and then connected to the TOP of the Compressor by unpainted Pneumatic Tubes; and, optionally, a lever can be placed under the Compressor to put it in Standby Mode (so that it maintains its PSI even without Sand to process).

Although the startup may be slow, the system should reach a very fast pace in due time. If it is not fast enough, it can be expanded with only additional Compressors, Filters, and painted Pneumatic Tubes (columns should be added to the Sorting Machine and the numbers adjusted to match the amount of Sandstone put into H in a single pulse.

If you lack sufficient knowledge of Redpower 2 to complete this setup, http://integratedredstone.wikispaces.com is the official Redpower wiki and may be of great use.

Feel free to share this setup anywhere and in any form as long as you mention my username. If you don't, I will find out and prove that I was the original source. Or maybe I won't. Either way, you should still give credit.

Thanks for reading - I know it was rather long but I hope it proves helpful!

Ok, all of you guys are officially too dependent on Energy Collectors. It makes me glad that they are banned on the server I play on.

I have a MUCH better solution that does not involve Energy Collectors at all, and it starts with a single block of sand. (If you don't have sand, you could start by macerating some, even if the Philosopher's Stone is banned from environmental interaction.)

1. Build a Singularity Compressor.

2. Power it.

3. Put the Sand in the Compressor.

4. Take the Sandstone OUT of the Compresor.

5. Transmute the Sandstone into 4 Sand.

6. Repeat steps 3-5 until you have somewhere between 8 and 64 Sand.

7. Build this setup:

C W P O A

R -- S -- T

E F H,

Where C is a Singularity Compressor,

R is a retriever facing the Compressor with a piece of Sandstone in it,

E is an Energy Condenser with Sand as the target,

F is a Filter with a piece of Sand in it,

H is a Chest of any kind,

S is a Sorting Machine in All Stack Sequential with 1 Sand in one column, with White selected, and 3 Sand in another column with Orange selected,

P is a normal Pneumatic Tube,

W and O are Pneumatic Tubes painted White and Orange, respectively,

A is an Alchemical Chest with a Gem of Eternal Density, or another Energy Condenser (this is where the output will go)

T is a Timer set to the lowest interval,

and -- is Redstone or Red Alloy Wire.

In addition, Redstone should be placed on top of the Retriever and the Filter, connecting them to the Timer; The Retriever should be powered by Blue Alloy Wires or an RP Batbox directly; W, the White Pneumatic Tube, should in fact be placed above P at a right-angle to O, and then connected to the TOP of the Compressor by unpainted Pneumatic Tubes; and, optionally, a lever can be placed under the Compressor to put it in Standby Mode (so that it maintains its PSI even without Sand to process).

Although the startup may be slow, the system should reach a very fast pace in due time. If it is not fast enough, it can be expanded with only additional Compressors, Filters, and painted Pneumatic Tubes (columns should be added to the Sorting Machine and the numbers adjusted to match the amount of Sandstone put into H in a single pulse.

If you lack sufficient knowledge of Redpower 2 to complete this setup, http://integratedredstone.wikispaces.com is the official Redpower wiki and may be of great use.

Feel free to share this setup anywhere and in any form as long as you mention my username. If you don't, I will find out and prove that I was the original source. Or maybe I won't. Either way, you should still give credit.

Thanks for reading - I know it was rather long but I hope it proves helpful!

"it starts with a single block of sand."

Uh, psst... this actually does not start with a single block of sand. it starts with a single block of sand, and a singularity compressor, and a generator, and like 18 other machines. It's also way less efficient than, say, a dark room, if you don't want collectors.

what exaclty is a dark room? I've heard it mentioned multiple times, but I can't find out what it is (Google says it is a room for developing film).

The google-fu is weak with this one.

Try adding the word "Minecraft" to your search about minecraft.

Little things like searching for what you actually want to find make a WORLD of difference on Google.

what exaclty is a dark room? I've heard it mentioned multiple times, but I can't find out what it is (Google says it is a room for developing film).

deployers put bonemeal into dirt, which grows flowers and stuff. If it is 0 level light where they grow, though, then they pop off as items. Which you can suck up with transposers and condense. You get about 4x the EMC as the bonemeal you put in every time, and you can put more bonemeal in multiple times a second.

deployers put bonemeal into dirt, which grows flowers and stuff. If it is 0 level light where they grow, though, then they pop off as items. Which you can suck up with transposers and condense. You get about 4x the EMC as the bonemeal you put in every time, and you can put more bonemeal in multiple times a second.

That seens kind of.. cheating. Wouldn't that be exploiting game mechanics in ways they weren't intended to be.