Recycler does no give scrap to me

Eyewa

Because of your picture and how your title has bad grammar I read your comments in this voice. Also I just tested 4 recyclers with 50 stone (200 stone total) each and got 25 scrap, so the 12.5% thing checks out.

The way I see it, people who use IRL pictures of themselves are generally not that intelligent. The one exception I can think of is Ashzification. Using an IRL picture of yourself is really just stupid. If go and look at the meta data on most pictures these days, it will tell you when and where the picture was taken. So using a picture of yourself as a profile picture allows a stalker or other creepy person to find out where you live, and what you look like. Hooray for technology making it easier for people to stalk us!

The way I see it, people who use IRL pictures of themselves are generally not that intelligent. The one exception I can think of is Ashzification. Using an IRL picture of yourself is really just stupid. If go and look at the meta data on most pictures these days, it will tell you when and where the picture was taken. So using a picture of yourself as a profile picture allows a stalker or other creepy person to find out where you live, and what you look like. Hooray for technology making it easier for people to stalk us!

Most of those people used facebook to set up an account and it automatically sets up your Facebook pic as your avatar here. Regarding security on the interwebs, you could do what bride does and just tell us everything so we don't need to hack/stalk to figure it all out...

Most of those people used facebook to set up an account and it automatically sets up your Facebook pic as your avatar here. Regarding security on the interwebs, you could do what bride does and just tell us everything so we don't need to hack/stalk to figure it all out...

Facebook is another thing that makes it easier for people to stalk you. Almost every picture that you post or any one else posts to facebook has meta data attached to it that tell the date, time, and location the picture was taken. There are apps out there that are made to help people stalk, and they work by pulling public information from your facebook and twitter. There's an app out there that finds girls nearby you, all by using the meta data on photos. It finds your gps location, then finds pictures that were taken near your location, then determines wether the picture is of a boy or a girl. It uses all this data to show a map of people nearby you, all using facebook data. The only purpose (in my opinion) for having a facebook account is to prevent people from impersonating you.

To remove meta data from pictures, you can do one of several things. You can convert the image to a .png and then convert it back to a .jpeg, although this will reduce the quality somewhat. If you are using an iOS device (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch) and want to prefent it from attaching location data to pictures you take, simply go to the settings app, select privacy, select Location Services, find the Camera On/Off slider, and set it to off. This will keep the camera from using your location data. You should do this with any apps that you don't want to use your location data. I suggest turning everything except Siri and Maps off.

Edit: Your Location Services page should look something like this: 3qjD6.jpg

If you are using an Android device, the process is very similar.

I use the book of faces, however, all my shizzle wizzle is set to ultra mega private unless you're a friend.

What about pictures of you that your friends post that are not private? Facebook (and other social networking sites) is/are inherently dangerous, because:

a) There are creepy people out there that are creepy

2) Most people don't realize you shouldn't post every aspect of your life on the internet (A great example is posting your status. Posting your status is very dangerous [i.e. saying "I'm at a friends house"]. Although it may sound harmless, it lets people know exactly where you are, or where you aren't. So a burglar reading your twitter/facebook/google+ will know you aren't home.)

iii) Everything on the internet leaves a trace. You can't "take it back". Once it's out there, you can't get rid of it. Even if you "delete" it, it will still be stored as a cache for quite some time, and it will always be stored somewhere. A great example is my profile. Google stores a cache of most search results at the start of each month. At the start of September, I was a Hellen Keller. Around September 15, my kellering wore off/was removed. When my profile page appeared in a google search result, the preview of the page would still say I was a Hellen Keller. At the start of October, google refreshed the cache, and my profile page shows up properly in google search results.

:words:

I completely agree with and also have the same stance on social media like Facebook. Posting that you are away from your house is just dumb. On a side note, they can post pictures of me, but again, I have it set to where they can't tag me without prior approval and most of the time, it's not that big of a deal for me anyway.