I can't open technic launcher!

sleepyhead521

Question

22 answers to this question

Even though this is likely the worst post I have seen in awhile, try this: If it doesn't work, you are on your own (from me at least)

I am getting a “Technic Launcher has Stopped Working Error”!

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

Even though this is likely the worst post I have seen in awhile, try this: If it doesn't work, you are on your own (from me at least)

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

what i don't is how you change the file extension

Spelled

But thanks for taking the reigns, I was ignoring that reply. It doesn't look like English.

You changed what I said in the quotation. Look at my post, I never edited. ;)

EDIT: You were right, it wasn't English. I put it in a translator and this is a screenshot:

VpeYe.png

Okay I click to rename but it doesn't have a .zip at the end. Just the name of the folder. Should I just add .jar to it?..... okay so I did that when i "saved as" and now it says "Error: Unable to access jarfile C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\technic-launcher-latest.jar"

Okay I click to rename but it doesn't have a .zip at the end. Just the name of the folder. Should I just add .jar to it?

No, you need to turn file extensions on. Windows Explorer > (Push Alt key) Tools > Folder Options > View tab > scroll down and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"

No, you need to turn file extensions on. Windows Explorer > (Push Alt key) Tools > Folder Options > View tab > scroll down and uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types"

I see.... I shall try that. Oh snap, it still gave me said error as above. :-( I'm really trying not to be annoying here.

I see.... I shall try that. Oh snap, it still gave me said error as above. :-( I'm really trying not to be annoying here.

Okay I click to rename but it doesn't have a .zip at the end. Just the name of the folder. Should I just add .jar to it?..... okay so I did that when i "saved as" and now it says "Error: Unable to access jarfile C:Program FilesJavajre7bintechnic-launcher-latest.jar"

Changing file extensions is hard you should download FileExtensionChanger

• Moderators

Don't post in the old parts of the forum. Tracker is our Bug Reports section now, go there if you wish to help people.

Also, look at the dates. Sleepy posted here last in 12th october 2012. There is no point in resurrecting these old topics.