My Modpack installs as vanilla mc

KcPlayz

Question

Hello, I believe i did everything right here, I made all my files zip, the jar file forge universal extracted and zipped, my bin, config, and mods zipped, my mods all extracted and zipped, i tried a few other methods that didnt really help so some of your ideas i may already considered on trying. I used all the dropbox alternatives like, dropbox, copy.com, google drive, mega, etc.. My main problem is the technic launcher installing it as a modpack and creating a modpack. I remember a few errors to it that i have reported to technic staff but they gave me no reponse so i chose to make a thread hopefully people will pick up faster on here, I am currently using copy.com, i placed my modpack named (modpack) in the dropbox copy.com, it uploaded successfully, i copyed and pasted the public link in the modpack location i did the brief description etc blah blah blah, i pressed update modpack, It gives me a error  saying: "it looks like we hit a snag!" and then info under that ribbon. i mess with it a little more its uploaded i click install modpack on technic launcher. I press play, it loads the assets, mods, and jarfile forge. it opens up my minecraft and then its in vanilla. it is supposed to be 1.7.10 forge, what do i do from there. it would be most appreciated if you can leave a comment, or set it up for me if possible Thank you for your comments helpful tips That i probably already tried. My modpack name is Deadpixelmend21. If possible contact me on skype if you want to set it up for me if possible my skype is: [email protected]

3 answers to this question

Hello, I believe i did everything right here, I made all my files zip, the jar file forge universal extracted and zipped, my bin, config, and mods zipped, my mods all extracted and zipped, i tried a few other methods that didnt really help so some of your ideas i may already considered on trying. I used all the dropbox alternatives like, dropbox, copy.com, google drive, mega, etc.. My main problem is the technic launcher installing it as a modpack and creating a modpack. I remember a few errors to it that i have reported to technic staff but they gave me no reponse so i chose to make a thread hopefully people will pick up faster on here, I am currently using copy.com, i placed my modpack named (modpack) in the dropbox copy.com, it uploaded successfully, i copyed and pasted the public link in the modpack location i did the brief description etc blah blah blah, i pressed update modpack, It gives me a error  saying: "it looks like we hit a snag!" and then info under that ribbon. i mess with it a little more its uploaded i click install modpack on technic launcher. I press play, it loads the assets, mods, and jarfile forge. it opens up my minecraft and then its in vanilla. it is supposed to be 1.7.10 forge, what do i do from there. it would be most appreciated if you can leave a comment, or set it up for me if possible Thank you for your comments helpful tips That i probably already tried. My modpack name is Deadpixelmend21. If possible contact me on skype if you want to set it up for me if possible my skype is: [email protected]

It seems like you did it the old way.

Folder layout

-bin --> modpack.jar        this is the latest forge universal renamed to modpack.jar

-config

-mods --> all your mods including core mods in their original state! That means that most of them are .jar files