"Advanced" whitescreen error

Malver

Question

Launcher/pack Version:0.5.4.7

Operating System:Windows 7 64 bit

Version of Java:Java 7 update 3

Description of Problem:After logging into my tekkit server, the outline of the blocks around me appears and then everything freezes. After a while i get a message stating that my display driver has crashed but recovered successfully. After hitting ctrl ALT DEl and getting control of my mouse back the Tekkit windows remains a white screen.

Ive tried everything i could think of and everything people having the white screen error have tried. Reinstalled everything including java and the techniclauncher. Ive updated my graphics card.

It only seems to affect SMP. I can play SSP fine.

Edit: My friend can logg on my character just fine if that makes a difference

Error Messages:

Link to pastebin of log: http://pastebin.com/HatT72zG

You sir, have a problem, a big one. can you do me a favor though? Can you please copy the log to a safe place then delete it and run the client ONCE then paste THAT to pasebin, because the launcher started like 10 times, and each one was different. Or you could be a real nice guy and move the WHOLE tekkit folder somewhere safe and put the log of THAT on pastebin. I just want to see what it does only on one fresh cycle, but play as usual or wait till the final error shows up, because it tries to debug, but stoping it in the middle of that might cause corruption.

Sorry about that. i kept getting download failed even after disabling AVG so i kept running it till it would complete. This log however i kept deleting the folder and waited for it to work on the first try. Anyway this one should be much easier to follow.

http://pastebin.com/r8a1utU9

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm even willing to pay. Im that desperate

Seems to be giving a Null Pointer Exception. I have isolated that section, it starts at line 394 of the file posted above this comment:

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]   java.lang.NullPointerException

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at aap.p(SourceFile:84)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at aap.c(SourceFile:63)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at ug.a(SourceFile:95)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:554)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at wc.a(SourceFile:119)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at ug.a(SourceFile:72)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at ug.f(SourceFile:120)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at ug.i(SourceFile:108)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(Minecraft.java:1332)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(Minecraft.java:698)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:638)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I don't really know that much about the null pointer errors so I am just posting this to help. Hope someone is able to figure out what is causing all that.

Seems to be giving a Null Pointer Exception. I have isolated that section, it starts at line 394 of the file posted above this comment:

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]   java.lang.NullPointerException

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at aap.p(SourceFile:84)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at aap.c(SourceFile:63)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at ug.a(SourceFile:95)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:554)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at wc.a(SourceFile:119)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at ug.a(SourceFile:72)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at ug.f(SourceFile:120)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at ug.i(SourceFile:108)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(Minecraft.java:1332)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(Minecraft.java:698)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:638)

[21:21:32] [sEVERE]       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I don't really know that much about the null pointer errors so I am just posting this to help. Hope someone is able to figure out what is causing all that.

Thanks so much. Hopefully between all of us we can figure something out

Well, the Null Pointer business it a tricky task. As far as i know it is something in the code where a value has been left "null" or blank, leaving the output to remain "null" this is a problem because tampering the source code is not recommended, but hopefully someone that knows more about Java than i do will see this. Because I'm not so into Java, I'm more Python.

I dont understand how reinstalling java wouldnt fix any code issues it had. Didnt have a problem with java till i had to update to 7 to host my server.Grrr

It is likely some part of the actual code is glitching and not the way java phases it. Somewhere in the code something is failing to give a value. I will see if I can find anything when I get the free time.

im running down a theory. My buddys gonna host a server and imma see if i can logg on that one. It just dosent make sense and thats whats the most frustrating. If my brother can logg onto my character on my server from his house it cant be anything to do with my character or the server right? So that would tell me its something to do with my computer. But i can play SSP just fine? Im so frustrated i cant see straight.

Edit:Logged into my buddys server just fine. So im guessing it has something to do with just me connecting to mine? Not a clue

mod_MAtmos_forModLoader=on

that's the bit to look for. change the "on" to "off". I sympathize with your trouble finding it, adding _forModLoader on the end of stuff TOTALLY changes what came before it, there was no way to tell that was the MAtmos mod just by looking. if I wasn't such a super computer genius I wouldn't have found it either.

just to be perfectly clear btw, this is the modloader.cfg found in your %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\tekkit\config\ directory.

Some weird spywareprotection with avg? No other weird security software to block spyware? And is this from an win 7 account with admin rights? Can you run the launcher "as an admin" in windows if not?

Like you said a problem with a client connecting to a server on the same computer. As anti product fan out to protect vectors of attack sometime they block useful things. Are you sure you are spyware free for that matter? Do you just use avg or do you also use superantispyware and/or malware bytes? Windows up to date? all weird unused software and other/old versions of java cleaned off? Sorry to get silly simple on you but sometimes, when it sweird funky errors that shouldnt happen, its one of these things.

So im about to just throw my computer out of the window. My friends agreed to start a brand new server with me cause it seemed like it was just that server that i couldnt connect to. after playing no lie for 8 hours strait, on a brand new world that 5 of my friends started over with me on just so i could play, the problem comes back. What happened was i logged out for a split second so my friends could sleep and reset the day. then go to log back on and it just stays at the loading screen for a while. then times out. so i closed Tekkit and tried over and over to get it to finally logg in. After clicking logg in from the launcher it tells me it cant connect to minecraft.net. So just for S&G's i tried to connect to minecraft.net in my browser. Wouldnt work. After closing and reopening 7-8times it finally connects to minecraft.net. I go to logg into my server. and once again it freezes, my drivers crash and im staring at the same #$@$ white screen ive seen for the past 3 days.

TLDR:Started a new SMP server with friends, played for fine for 8hours strait. logged out once and problem reoccurred.

And to answer the newest 2 people that posted.

Giga:I use avg, Malwarebytes, and CC cleaner. if any of that has to do with anything. and yes ive tried every which way of running everything i could think of.

Havoc: yes i have duel ATI graphics cards. And no the new launcher didnt make any difference

PS. Is there any "duh" reason im still getting download fails even though ive shut down AVG and tried running the launcher?

Havoc do you think it could be something with my graphics cards? should i start messing around with those now?

Well it could be. I find it unlikely if you are not having any issues in other games though. My next step would be to install the same version of optifine on Vanilla and see if you get the same error.

I had the same error, I think some settings in optifine didn't agree with my graphics card. I deleted .techniclauncher and reinstalled and it was fine.

This is going to sound weird but I'm glad atleast one other persons' had the same problem lol.

2 things. And i might get flamed for this but whats optifine. i searched my comp and these forums and nothing came up on either really(Except this thread on the forums)

2. I completely delete the .techniclauncher folder again. and this time let it run tekkit without changing the options. Then logged in to MC and let it run the error telling you youre missing all the mods. Then ran it with the options change. Right now im on my server, and my comps running it smoother than ive ever seen it ran. Ill post back here if the problem comes back.

~crossing fingers~

And thanks for all the help again guys

Lol i googled it after i posted that. but i thought it might be causin my problem so i was lookin for it in my files. anyway ill edit soon with an updated log if it does it again. i rolled back my drivers and it seems to be working.