Tekkit Through A Proxy?

warhawk927

with a properly setup batch file. there are command line arguments to java that will send your traffic through a proxy, I don't know them offhand, but I know they exist. the key piece of information to know is that by default, the launcher actually restarts itself after you run it initially, losing all settings or special command line arguments (like memory limits, proxies, GC settings, etc). in order to prevent this, you must make a batch file that creates a directory called "rtemp" in your .techniclauncher folder before starting the launcher. the folder is deleted each time, which is why it has to be in the batch file and you can't just make it once and leave it.

because you don't appear to want to put any effort into making this work, I'm going to leave the specifics up to you and google to discover.

No, just my friend got me ip-banned from a server (he told the admins i griefed his house on a no-griefing server). So, I'm trying to run tekkit through a proxy so I can get my main account unbanned.

That is not the way to get around a ban... You will likely be banned for ban evasion. Just talk with the owner over the servers site or e-mail or something.

That is not the way to get around a ban... You will likely be banned for ban evasion. Just talk with the owner over the servers site or e-mail or something.

additionally, your account name is probably also banned, unless you have multiple accounts. I totally don't regret not doing all the work for you now though OP, so thanks for that.

• 1 month later...

My brother did the same to me, basically. He got mad that the world reset again and so an admin IP banned him. I've been begging on the site, but barely anybody knows the site. I'm Admin and op on the server, but I get the IP-ban message when I try to join. It won't count as 'ban evasion' because I'm not the one who was banned. It was my brother.

My brother did the same to me, basically. He got mad that the world reset again and so an admin IP banned him. I've been begging on the site, but barely anybody knows the site. I'm Admin and op on the server, but I get the IP-ban message when I try to join. It won't count as 'ban evasion' because I'm not the one who was banned. It was my brother.

Did you know the excuse "it was my brother" is the most used excuse on the Internet?

• 4 weeks later...

Did you know the excuse "it was my brother" is the most used excuse on the Internet?

No, actually, I don't. When I got on the computer and tried to join the server, I was IP banned. As in I got the message, not I was just banned. But the server reset. And it's down now. And when it reset, everybody lost everything. It was a full server reset. Not just the world.