Costume - NCR Ranger

Cheap Shot

Hot glue from a glue gun. No good for anything, but it made it a lot easier to build everything in time. I relocated the battery pack to my pocket.

Wow, sure looks great Cheap! That costume of yours definitely isn't a Cheap Shot! Is it? No, but in all seriousness, it looks awesome. You can clearly see a lot of time and effort went into the making of it

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot... Are you serious or just joking?

Serious. I like making costumes and props but I don't have much knowledge of techniques or materials. This costume is made of google search results. I'm doing alright working freelance right now with the art n farts, but I'd like to have some skills and education to fall back on. Costuming and prop design is something I could make use of for hobby amusment as well as profesionally should I need it. Just drawing gets pretty boring if it's all you do. I've never been much interested in painting or other traditional arts. A hands on hobby that will let me make nerdy shit sounds pretty good.

For instance my next project is going to be a shelf above my computer desk that will house a lamp, which will be several glowing bottles of nuka cola quantom. I'll post pics. The corner store across the street sells orange crush in glass bottles with peel off sticker lables. :getin:

I knew about those but he is done with them AFAIK. It sounds like art is one of his major sources of income so I assumed his work might be somewhere out there ;)

Nothing major. Some companies may or may not be using stuff by me. I did some quick work for Spout recently. Logo and light design consulting. May be a while until that work goes live.

Also throwing my lot in with an ambitious T-Shirt company. No details available yet but I'll be most likely lead shirt artist with another cool dude and more professional artist doing the brand and site design and then some shirts. Wont be up and running probably for a few months though depending.

Its not tekkie tees.

Damn, I was sure you had a shoe-in there somewhere >D

My advice? There's a serious market for your own line of t-shirt designs over here, no joke.

I second the t-shirt idea. Your style would look great on a shirt. Have you ever considered teaming up with a writer to make a comic strip?

I second the t-shirt idea. Your style would look great on a shirt. Have you ever considered teaming up with a writer to make a comic strip?

Yes, but I'd need an actually talented and funny writer, and it would need to actually make enough money to justify two people working on a comic/graphic novel.

Yes, but I'd need an actually talented and funny writer, and it would need to actually make enough money to justify two people working on a comic/graphic novel.

It can't be that hard to find someone funny and willing to work for food for a few months ;) When the T-shirt thing gets going, might I suggest you make a post about it? I would be very interested in a T-shirt drawn by you.