I open the Tekkit Launcher it says "Could not connect to minecraft.net"

JezuitX

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.2.0

Operating System: Windows 8

Java Version: Java 7 update 9

Antivirus Program: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013

Description of Problem:

I open up the tekkit launcher and get "Could not connect to minecraft.net" and also it won't let me connect to my tekkit server. If I select work offline I can play single player fine, but I try to use my server which worked fine in Windows 7 I get "Communication Error". I host the server on this PC so I've tried it with my 192 IP addr and also with the IP of the server.

I've turned off Windows FIrewall, turned of Kaspersky completely, and I've done a reboot. Still not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Error Messages:

"Could not connect to minecraft.net"

Error Log:

14 answers to this question

I also have this problem.

I try to open up tekkit and it says "oh noes! our tumblr feed is down."

I've only found one person who said they had a fix wich was reopening tekkit launcher over and over untill it connects to minecraft.net

It did not work for me.

I've searched everywhere trying to find a fix but no one has been able to help at all.

I'm trying to join a server and i'm the only one who cant join it, everyone else doesnt have problems with their tekkit launcher and can connect to the hamachi server and not get update errors and disconnect errors.

This is very frustrating and I hope someone tells us all a fix so we can actually use tekkit at all.

Thanks

I also have this problem.

I try to open up tekkit and it says "oh noes! our tumblr feed is down."

I've only found one person who said they had a fix wich was reopening tekkit launcher over and over untill it connects to minecraft.net

It did not work for me.

I've searched everywhere trying to find a fix but no one has been able to help at all.

I'm trying to join a server and i'm the only one who cant join it, everyone else doesnt have problems with their tekkit launcher and can connect to the hamachi server and not get update errors and disconnect errors.

This is very frustrating and I hope someone tells us all a fix so we can actually use tekkit at all.

Thanks

So post your own bug report. By posting your own bug report, you give us important info that we need to help you and you let the OP of this thread get help for his issue.

Launcher Version: 1.0.2.0

Operating System: Windows 8

Java Version: Java 7 update 9

Antivirus Program: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013

Description of Problem:

I open up the tekkit launcher and get "Could not connect to minecraft.net" and also it won't let me connect to my tekkit server. If I select work offline I can play single player fine, but I try to use my server which worked fine in Windows 7 I get "Communication Error". I host the server on this PC so I've tried it with my 192 IP addr and also with the IP of the server.

I've turned off Windows FIrewall, turned of Kaspersky completely, and I've done a reboot. Still not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Error Messages:

"Could not connect to minecraft.net"

Error Log:

Hey, did you solve your problem? Cause im having problems connecting too. Also have Kaspersky...

Hey, did you solve your problem? Cause im having problems connecting too. Also have Kaspersky...

Dude, instead of posting the same thing on every bug report that is even remotely similar to your problem, try posting your own! Crazy right? I mean who would think that by providing us with relevant info and logs, we could help you better?

it won''t put effort in for me someone HELP

I don't see the point of a warning here, Jorcer was just parodizing the low-effort post of the guy above him. A clever way to tell him to try to do something on his own.

And the other guys, don't hijack threads like that, read the common problems and solutions thread, and submit your own bug report.

I don't see the point of a warning here, Jorcer was just parodizing the low-effort post of the guy above him. A clever way to tell him to try to do something on his own.

And the other guys, don't hijack threads like that, read the common problems and solutions thread, and submit your own bug report.

Agreed. Jorcer was just doing what we all do. Troll people who refuse to put effort into their posts and hijack threads to force people to look at their problems.

• Moderators

Seriously guys?

This was the text based equivalent of repeating what someone just said in a whiny tone of voice. It's barely even trolling, and is, at best, the same level as a 3rd grade school ground bully. This isn't funny, wanted, or necessary.

If it's something you all do, expect to get timeouts from the forum when I notice. Hell, this wasn't even the right place to air your problems with this and you both have hijacks the thread you were supposedly protecting.

Also? Your mocking also helps derail threads, so thanks for that.

If you put less effort into mocking idiots then those idiots put into their stupid posts, I have no pity for you when you get time off. Take the time to work on your technique Jorcer. Reading the forums without posting for a month wont kill him. He has a long and peppered rap sheet but so far has avoided serious time. It was bound to happen eventually. Just relax.

And if I find that anyone continues to bug Maiden over this, I will ban. Add him on steam for fucks sake. He's not dead, he's just got a head start on the rest of you.

Seriously guys?

This was the text based equivalent of repeating what someone just said in a whiny tone of voice. It's barely even trolling, and is, at best, the same level as a 3rd grade school ground bully. This isn't funny, wanted, or necessary.

If it's something you all do, expect to get timeouts from the forum when I notice. Hell, this wasn't even the right place to air your problems with this and you both have hijacks the thread you were supposedly protecting.

Also? Your mocking also helps derail threads, so thanks for that.

Sorry for that maiden, I'm just butthurt over my viking friend getting banned. I had a visceral reaction. I too find this way of answering lazier than most. Any idea how long before he's back?

Edit : Nevermind, just saw Cheap Shot post.