Parallelized and serialized blaze rod macerator farm design (with photos!)

Krowbar

This design uses two rows of blaze rod production that could easily be expanded by adding multiple layers. (More photos at the bottom.)

tEJQ9

Each blaze rod producer requires the following components:

• 1 Rotary Macerator
  • - 1 Transformer Upgrade (2 optional)
  • - 4 Overclocker Upgrade (optional)
  • - 2 Energy Storage Upgrade (optional)
  • 1 Energy Condenser
  • 2 Filters
  • - 6 Blaze Rods (5 for filter, 1 for Condenser)
  • - 5 Blaze Rod Powders (for filter)
  • 6 Red Alloy Wires
  • 2 Pneumatic Tubes
  • 1 Restriction Tube
  • 1 Glass Fibre Cable

The entire construction also requires:

• Additional Glass Fibre Cables
  • Additional Pneumatic Tubes
  • Additional Blaze Rods to "seed" the system
  • Additional Red Alloy Wire
  • 1 Timer
  • 1 Lever
  • Redstone repeaters (optional, if you line of macerators gets really long!)
  • 1 MFSU
  • Energy Source (eg several medium level solar panels)
  • 1 Energy Condenser (where your final product will be produced)
  • 1 target item (eg Redmatter or Redmatter Furnace)
  • 1 Gem of Eternal Density (optional)
  • 1 Forgiving server admin (Blaze rod macerating is considered "cheating" on some servers and a banable offense)

Benefits:

• Ease of expansion!
  • (Fairly) compact!
  • Macerators run at OVER 9000 RPM!
  • Fast EMC production!
  • Looks nice!
  • Ease of shutdown / startup!
  • Works through the night!

Design reasonings:

• The 5 blaze rods / powders are placed in the filters so that they can be removed at a faster rate (the filters can't keep up otherwise) http://copy.com/Ad1bq http://copy.com/4gayN
  • Shutting down the system (stopping the timer) causes the Filters to stop pulling from the Macerators. Macerators will fill up their output slots until full and gracefully shut down. When the system is restarted, Filters will pull from the Macerators, the Macerators start again, new Rods are made, and the circle of life continues! http://copy.com/yEeA1 http://copy.com/9Cdyg
  • Add as many Overclocker Upgrades and Energy Storage Upgrades to your Macerators as you want! I only had enough for 4 Overclockers for each Macerator. I'll probably add more as I get more power capacity.
  • Restriction tubes are used on the Macerators so that Blaze Rods from other Macerators won't try to be inserted into them.
  • The Gem of Eternal Density is placed in your final Energy Condenser because Condensers cannot keep up with the pace of Blaze Rods coming in. The Gem will "upgrade" the rods into more expensive components that the Condenser will have an easier time processing.
  • Alternatively, a bank of Condensers can be set up. When the first fills, Rods will go to the next. This method is buggy, though.

Other notes:

• This design will place Blaze Rods into the Fuel slot on the Macerators until they are full. I haven't figured out a way to avoid this. However, it is a nice to have if you happen to run out of Blaze Rods!
  • Don't forget that you'll need a screwdriver to face the Filters in the correct direction. The tiny hole side should be facing your output pipes.
  • The single Macerator/Filter/Condenser stack design was stolen from a friend on my server who stole it from someone on the forums. If anyone knows who the designer was for that, I can add proper thanks!
  • Comments, criticisms, and suggestions are welcome!

G4Pzd

94rnK

xMb8b

MLgks

raJ2V

qWgzK

ArKxf

How do you get blaze rods back into the energy condensers at the macerators?

EDIT: Nvm, didn't see the tubes at the first photo.

Yup. The restriction tubes there play double duty sending rods into the macerator as needed and the rest down the rest of the tubes to the final condenser.

I have a design where I use Sorting machines only. I have set it up so that a sorting machine always sends a stack of 5 blaze rods to a macerator (color coded), so that it gets distributed evenly. The 5 blaze rods gets macerated and then another sorting machine sends 10 back to the main condenser and 15 to other condensers. This way your condensers will never have too much or not enough blaze rods.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering, why is there a GoED in the condensors? I don't think it serves any purpose.

Ah, sorry for not responding sooner. Work has been crazy lately. :)

• The Gem of Eternal Density is placed in your final Energy Condenser because Condensers cannot keep up with the pace of Blaze Rods coming in. The Gem will "upgrade" the rods into more expensive components that the Condenser will have an easier time processing.
  • Alternatively, a bank of Condensers can be set up. When the first fills, Rods will go to the next. This method is buggy, though.

• 7 months later...

Ahh thanks for the GoED tip. Been trying to find out how to cope with the crazy amounts of EMC for ages. :')

Haha. Nice thread necromancy. This whole build is shot through now that the super over powered Energy Condenser was removed from Equivalent Exchange 3.