Tekkit Single Player help

Kotik

Hello people!

I started playing Tekkit Single Player for some extra challange. However I noticed that even though the game is set to "Survival" I can for some reason just press "E" and when the build menu pops up I can just click the recipies on the right hand side and the item will magically be added to my inventory. Is there a way I can remove this "cheat mode"? Knowing myself I will cheat some diamonds or something to my inventory later in the game and I dont want to ruin the fun by doing so.

Any help appreciated.

Kotik

MOD EDIT: Good thing you signed your post. Otherwise I wouldn't know who I was probating!

Don't sign post! It make people with Red or Blue (and occasionally Green) names make fun of you.

You check that lock_recipe_mode=true in both the server and client NEI.cfg, basically the reverse of what the stickies tell you. It shouldn't be letting you cheat if it is locked in recipe mode. Go change it to that in the in-game options menu as well. Here is the post for reference: http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,1513.0.html just remember do the opposite of what it says for enabling cheats.

You might get some messages about how Tekkit is only for SMP, but I think I understand that you are playing as kind of a trimmed down Technic for a bit more of a challenge.

If you made yourself an OP for your server you will be able to cheat even with the .cfg set to disalow cheats, i believe.

Tekkit server and tekkit single player are two different things.

For the OP, when your world loads up, go into your inventory and on the bottom right you can click options and change cheat mode into recipe mode and disable extra cheats. I believe this should fix your issue, if not, go into your %appdata\roaming\.techniclauncher\tekkit\ folder and check the NEI config options.

I noticed that inside the NEI.cfg I had 2 modes set like follows:

cheat=true

extracheats=true

Could this be the underlying problem?

Not for your original question... Those will turn off cheat mode but you can go right back into it from the settings. If you really have no self-control, you need to set lock_recipe_mode to true (the exact name of the variable may differ slightly). This will prevent you from accessing cheat mode without first changing the config file.