Pack Hosting Platform

ruarc88

Can someone suggest a file host that they have confirmed WILL work with Technic with minimal effort and preferably zero cost that is not the following:

Dropbox (Bandwidth limit)

copy.com (closing)

Google Drive (despite fulfilling Technic requirements, not recognized as a valid link)

The pinned topic has so far not helped me due mainly to outdated info.

• Discord Moderator

Keep in mind that what you are asking for is for a web company, that is in the business of making money, to give you potentially hundreds of gigs of bandwidth for free. The days of free, UNLIMITED cloud hosting with direct links are fading fast.

That being said, I was able to make a free http://www.weebly.com account and use that to host a modpack on the platform. This pack.

weebly is supposedly unlimited bandwidth and up to 500M of storage, which should be enough for any modpack, but given that you wouldn't be a paying customer YMMV (your mileage may vary).

• Discord Moderator

There must be either something wonky with the way the platform queries the URL for validation, or where that query is originating from which is causing this issue. My own URLs work from my commercial host, and I was able to successfully test using a free account from Weebly. Every test I can perform says that your URL is perfectly valid.

25 minutes ago, plowmanplow said:

wonky with the way the platform queries the URL for validation

I agree this must be it but without some acknowledgement from Technic's end I'm stuck using Dropbox. At this point the failure to acknowledge the problem even with a ticket in the system is proving the most frustrating. I even have older packs configured to use my host but that was apparently when the platform was less "picky"?

• Discord Moderator

I agree that it would be good to get some input from the Technic folks, but this may also be something that HostGator is specifically doing to prevent hot-linking or blocking something that the Platform is doing/using. I'll mention that you have old packs that are still working.