Solar Panels, Tin Engines and BC pumps...question

Cisco78

One thing on your infinite water sources, I read that the pump should be in a corner of the 3x3 pool, not the center, or there is a chance of the pumps water consumption to pull water in a manner that would cause the pool to dry up. It is just something I recall reading so I do not know how true it is.

One thing on your infinite water sources, I read that the pump should be in a corner of the 3x3 pool, not the center, or there is a chance of the pumps water consumption to pull water in a manner that would cause the pool to dry up. It is just something I recall reading so I do not know how true it is.

I always run my pumps in a 3x3 circle for the symmetry and have had no problems yet but I'll keep an eye on it ;D

Buildcraft pumps, when placed, scan the water in the chunk/area. After that it randomly picks a spot to pull water from, so in a 3x3 pool it doesn't matter, each of the 9 blocks has an equal chance to be pumped.

So, kind of funny, but a major pain in the arse. I was in the process of building a Forestry tree farm, when all of a sudden I heard that awful explosion sound. It was a big one too. I took a stroll over to where I've got our combustion engines running and everything was gone lol. They were buried under ground too and took out the glass roof above. They also carved out a nice crater.

It turns out that at our pump station, I failed to connect two redstone engines. So two of the combustion engines were being cooled by a pump that was being powered by only 3 redstone engines, woops!

Other than this minor setback, the system is running strong. 4 redstone engines seems to do the trick!