Problems Allocating RAM (And no other page has solved this)

Zxyr

Zxyr here,

I'm trying to run a 2.5 Minimum GB RAM modpack but the launcher's dropdown menu only specifies amounts of RAM up to 1 GB.

I have the latest Java installed, it's 64 bit, the operating system works as it should, there is enough RAM in my PC, but the dropdown menu does not recognize this and instead only allows at most 1 GB of RAM.

I tried using the "Find Another Version" button, because the launcher appeared to specify a 32-bit version even though I am confident that I am running 64-bit now.

I could not locate the version file needed to tell the launcher I am using 64-bit; can anyone help me find this file? I am running Windows 10 if that helps;
And is this what I need to fix this problem? If not, what else?

Edited by Zxyr
Color change; I didn't realize the background of the finished post would be darker

• Moderators

open the laucher, click cog wheel upper right corner, the button for the logs is on the lower left after that. Pastebin the most recent one. 

Logs will tell me what version of Java you are really using, as well as info about OS and other things. 

Sure
At first I tried to run the pack I want to run "Automata()", but I was told I did not have enough RAM allocated by the launcher in a popup.
Then I switched to a different pack "EZ Pixelmon" so you could see the normal process that happens when it runs.
Finally I closed that new Minecraft tab when it appeared successfully.

It looks like the new data went into the same log so sorry if some information repeats.
http://pastebin.com/08NemK2J

• Moderators

Java is Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, version 1.8.0_101, running on Windows 10:x86:10.0, installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_101

32 bit Windows.... sorry but you cannot run 64 bit Java (and therefore be able to allocate more RAM) without wiping and re-loading your PC with a 64 bit OS.. 

Edited by AetherPirate