Getting a new headset (Tritton 720+ vs Turtle Beach Z6A)

FFGF

I used to be a 360 gamer so I had bought a Turtle Beach X41 back in the day. Well yesterday they finally broke (I've had mine for maybe 3 years, ported them to PC gaming maybe a year and a half ago, i'm strictly a PC player now) so now i'm in dire need of a new Headset, but i'm fairly stuck on a decision. I can either get a Turtle Beach Z6A or a Tritton 720+. I've read up on both and they both seem great and are the same price, the only big difference that's pretty obvious is the 720+ is 7.1 VIRTUAL surround sound, while the Z6A is 5.1 TRUE surround sound. I've heard that the 720+ may have some warranty issues, but I haven't read anything bad really about the Z6A. If you have another recommended headset that's near the same price but better (must be powered via wire, I loathe batteries) i'd be glad to check up on them.

I have a (used) Twitton AX 720. It's...all right. Definitely not worth the retail price tag - my set has a tendency to play sound sent through the TOSLINK just fine, but not from any program, such as Mumble, set to play sound over the USB cord.

Turtle Beach is good as well, but most audiophiles will recommend you not get a headset and instead combine good headphones (I hear Sennheiser is good) with a discrete desk mic. Snowball makes some very good desk mics.

I have a (used) Twitton AX 720. It's...all right. Definitely not worth the retail price tag - my set has a tendency to play sound sent through the TOSLINK just fine, but not from any program, such as Mumble, set to play sound over the USB cord.

Turtle Beach is good as well, but most audiophiles will recommend you not get a headset and instead combine good headphones (I hear Sennheiser is good) with a discrete desk mic. Snowball makes some very good desk mics.

I don't like having a mic on my desk because it's just very uncomfortable for me. I like being able to turn my head anywhere and have my mic still near my mouth, I feel pretty constrained when I have my SM7B mounted (i'm a vocalist so I used to use my studio-ish microphone for my pc) so desk mics aren't really my fortae.