with modding

spa0703

Eclipse for your IDE, MCP to decompile/recompile, Forge to make your life MUCH easier, gimp makes for "easy" art changes.

When MCP decompiles it creates an eclipse project directory, just tell eclipse to use that as the workspace and it's all happy.

i need a how to install it for linux PLEASe

If you don't know how to install eclipse for linux, then you should be taking the time to actually learn linux before you start using it as your dev machine.

Java is cross platform, there is no benefit or penalty for using any specific OS. If you're already making mods in windows, why change?

If you don't know how to install eclipse for linux, then you should be taking the time to actually learn linux before you start using it as your dev machine.

Java is cross platform, there is no benefit or penalty for using any specific OS. If you're already making mods in windows, why change?

i had to i had a virus

Tried it, disliked the look and feel, then they decided to use it to generate revenue with amazon.

I've got a debian VM setup, but I've tried a dozen different distros and the only ones I likes less than ubuntu were the business card sized livecds that wouldn't install to HD like they claimed.

Not saying I HATE it, I added the distro bashing as a joke. What distro anyone else uses is not my concern or problem.

Tried it, disliked the look and feel, then they decided to use it to generate revenue with amazon.

I've got a debian VM setup, but I've tried a dozen different distros and the only ones I likes less than ubuntu were the business card sized livecds that wouldn't install to HD like they claimed.

Not saying I HATE it, I added the distro bashing as a joke. What distro anyone else uses is not my concern or problem.

Arch Linux is a good basis system. EXTREMELY hard to use though (it doesn't have seperate server and client builds, if you know what I mean [not in a dirty way]), if you want it to be slightly easier, go with archbang. Still not very user friendly, though. It is very lightweight, and has an extremely powerful pakage building system. You can make easy to install self updating packages for stuff you didn't even make.

Is there a reason you're not using 17? The Fedora Project doesn't support old versions for very long the last time I checked.

Make sure you're using Oracle's Java and not OpenJDK. Use java -version in the console to check. You might have to use the alternatives console command to set the default JRE to use.

If you're using Fedora's Add/Remove Programs to install things, use yum in the console instead. You should get better error messages that make your searches for help easier.

Beyond that, Google is your friend. You really need to learn to use linux on your own instead of following step-by-step tutorials, especially if you're going to develop mods. With that said, we're happy to point you in the right direction if you feel lost. We just won't do your work for you.