please, mod actual minecraft, not your own client.

yummy_syrup

Question

I want a simple way of installing BUILDCRAFT and running it on my computer (mac OSX 10.7.3) (I used to use technic as a easy way to install buildcraft)

I want an Installer to mod my Minecraft Client rather than a launcher that runs a "second game" along side the main client.

I purely want to install buildcraft and buildcraft only, very simply, in the main game rather than your own launcher.

please, hear me.

15 answers to this question

I have tried, so many times.

I get a white screen or error message every time I try to load MC with buildcraft supposedly installed. Yes, I've got mod loader, forge etc.

I've asked on pretty much all related forums, (MCforums, buildcraft forums etc) and they've all either said make sure you've got modloader/forge, or deleted META INF, which I have.

i've followed tutorials and instructions for mac to the word, and it still doesn't work.

I used to use technik as an automated way of installing it, with no hassle.

now however, with your new not-real minecraft launcher, I can't.

Hmm. Did you follow all these steps after you downloaded the mods:

• [li]Delete META-INF[/li]
    [li]Install modloader[/li]
    [li]Install ModloaderMP (yes, also in singleplayer. Yes, this is something different then modloader)
    [/li][li]Install forge[/li]
    [li]Start minecraft[/li]
    [li]Quit minecraft[/li]
    [li]Drag all the buildcraft files (do you have core?) to the new mods folder[/li]

That should help.

• Forum Administrators

I want a simple way of installing BUILDCRAFT and running it on my computer (mac OSX 10.7.3) (I used to use technic as a easy way to install buildcraft)

I want an Installer to mod my Minecraft Client rather than a launcher that runs a "second game" along side the main client.

I purely want to install buildcraft and buildcraft only, very simply, in the main game rather than your own launcher.

please, hear me.

I hear you, but we aren't Buildcraft, we are Technic. We do the Technic/Tekkit/Yogbox, not individual mods just for you.

We don't support things outside of our scope. Installing mods in Minecraft is fairly easy (if obtuse as hell). I'm not exactly sure why you think we should help you, you are doing something that has NOTHING to do with what we do, and you are mad at us for our launcher which has done exactly what it has supposed to.

If you are asking us to make an old installer like before you can fuck right off, it will not happen. Its the same with the last three thousand people that have asked, it will not happen. Launcher or bust.

What happens when you want to update technic?

What happens to your normal MC saves?

What happens to the work that has been done to the launcher?

How are you going to have the easy utility of getting 3 diffrent mod packs?

Why should technic change just to suit someone who doesnt know how to install mods?

I'm not asking you to change your new launcher system.

I like it a lot, its just a little different.

What I'm asking, if theres a way to select which mods I want to install.

(and also theres no need for that language)

Yes, I guess you could disable all the mods in your modloader config except buildcraft, but is that what you want?

http://www.mod-buildcraft.com/installation/windows-installer/

Is google really that hard to use? Buildcraft have an installer on their own website ffs.

i've followed tutorials and instructions for mac to the word, and it still doesn't work.

Are your eyes really that hard to use? That installer is for Windows not Mac ffs.

On topic: The problem that your probably having is that your not re-compressing the minecraft.jar correctly. When you install Risugami's ModLoader, there is a section that tells you how to do it on a Mac. Instead of just copying the ModLoader files into your mctemp folder and re-compressing via terminal, copy all of the parts of the mods that you need to into your mctemp folder (as if it were your minecraft.jar). Make sure you install all of the mods into their appropriate places, THEN re-compress via terminal. This should fix your problems.

Also, does anyone know how the MagicLauncher by sp614x (OptiFine genius) works? This sounds like a prime case for someone to use it, if they want a launcher that JUST installs one mod or the other, and they can choose a little easier.

EDIT: Link http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/939149-launcher-magic-launcher-097-mods-options-news/

But yeah, Technic Launcher does its own thing because of how heavily modded Minecraft gets when there are 20+ mods. Picking out a single mod to install would kind of play hell with the system. For what it's worth, though, the GUI on the MagicLauncher is pretty fucking slick (the setup and log tabs, not the reddit and twitter bullshit). nudge nudge

• Forum Administrators

I'm not asking you to change your new launcher system.

I like it a lot, its just a little different.

What I'm asking, if theres a way to select which mods I want to install.

(and also theres no need for that language)

No there is plenty of need for that language. I called upon my brains for a collection of sounds that give me a satisfactory relief when said.

Basically, you are asking us to tell you how to modify your .minecraft with Buildcraft alone. That is something that is catered to from buildcraft directly, or Minecraft's forums.

Technic doesn't work this way, Technic is completely separate from vanilla Minecraft and its directory. You are asking us to help you modify Minecraft the old fashioned way, which we're not 'into'. The whole reason Technic and the Launcher were developed was to avoid having to modify Minecraft the old way.

Too long, didn't read:

Technic doesn't change, modify, or CARE if your .minecraft folder exists or not. Its 100% separate from it. If you want to modify that, there are tons of resources to find out how, these forums are probably not the best for it.