How to get Obsidian Ingots?

BringBacon

you need to macerate obsidian with a crusher, but the problem is the only way to get a crusher is through hacks, because to get refined steel you need a machine but to make that machine you need refined steel... its a bug but if our playing on single player just spawn urself 32 refined steel and your good to go

Can't you make them with steel from a railcraft blast furnace?

Thats another type of steel, just like in Tekkit there is 3 different wrenches, and each one does different things, and its the same here with steel, also we need refined steel, not normal steel

you need to macerate obsidian with a crusher, but the problem is the only way to get a crusher is through hacks, because to get refined steel you need a machine but to make that machine you need refined steel... its a bug but if our playing on single player just spawn urself 32 refined steel and your good to go

You seem to know what you're talking about :) Mind adding your information to our official wiki in the Mekanism mod area? wiki.universalelectricity.com

Hey gonna ask a question here.

The obsidian isn't crushing, so am I doing something wrong? I got it hooked up to my battery box and coal generator, and tried plugging in every side of the thing. I also tried putting a battery in the bottom. Still doesn't work.

You got something wrong though. The Crusher is not for crushing ore into dust! It is for crushing Ingots into dust!

You need a Enrichment Chamber to turn Ore's (Even obsidian Ore) into dust!

You got something wrong though. The Crusher is not for crushing ore into dust! It is for crushing Ingots into dust!

You need a Enrichment Chamber to turn Ore's (Even obsidian Ore) into dust!

Lets use obsidian for sake of example. To get obsidian dust you dump obsidian in an enrichment chamber with power. But what do you do with this dust? Its not obsidian ingots, is it? How do we convert obsidian dust to ingots?

You get Obsidian ingots by putting Obsidian blocks into an Enrichment chamber. You will get one dust. Next you need to get a Platnium compressor, which requires power and a platinium ingot to create a single obsidian ingot.

I HIGHLY reccomend putting a Speed Upgrade into the platinum compressor as it absorbs alot of Platinum in the process.