My Technic Launcher wont open (MAC)

stringybean

Question

I have recently updated to macOs Catalina, and i wanted to reinstall technic launcher to play with my friends. I already have java installed, but when i open the .jar file, it pops up on my dock and disappears twice. When i check the logs there is usually one log for each time i open it, along with nothing in the surrounding folders. I have tried to 'reinstall' technic multiple times.

techniclauncher_2020-02-06.log

3 answers to this question

16 hours ago, stringybean said:

I have recently updated to macOs Catalina, and i wanted to reinstall technic launcher to play with my friends. I already have java installed, but when i open the .jar file, it pops up on my dock and disappears twice. When i check the logs there is usually one log for each time i open it, along with nothing in the surrounding folders. I have tried to 'reinstall' technic multiple times.

techniclauncher_2020-02-06.log 1.94 kB · 0 downloads

Yeah, you need to use Java 8. You are probably using Java 13.

9 hours ago, stringybean said:

Yeah, im on 13, how would i go about uninstalling 13? cant find an uninstaller anywhere,

Direct Copy/Paste from the discord bot:

Forge, Technic Launcher, and Minecraft do not support Java 9+. Follow either the manual or script instructions to remove it and replace with Java 8: Script 1. Close the Technic Launcher. It cannot be running! 2. Download this file: https://download.uskarian.net/scripts/mac-delete-java9.command 3. Open terminal 4. Copy and paste:

chmod +x ~/Downloads/mac-delete-java9.command

5. Copy and paste:

sudo ~/Downloads/mac-delete-java9.command

If it asks you for your password then type in your password.  You will not see text being entered as your type, but it is being entered! Once you've typed your password hit enter on your keyboard. 6. Download Java SE Development Kit 8u191 from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html 7. Install the jdk-8u191-macosx-x64.dmg you just downloaded. OR Manual 1. Close the Technic Launcher. It cannot be running! 2. Open terminal 3. Copy and paste:

sudo rm -rf /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-{9,10,11,12,13}*.jdk/

If it asks you for your password then type in your password.  You will not see your password being entered as your type, but it is being entered! Once you've finished typing your password hit enter on your keyboard. 4. Copy and paste:

sudo rm -rf Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin

5. Copy and paste:

sudo rm -rf /Library/PreferencePanes/JavaControlPanel.prefPane
Edited by JaariAtmc